Chapter 26.2

Demi's POV

"Have you actually lost your mind?!" I hissed, she couldn't be serious, "We can't just show up to his house! Not only is that crazy but we could be killed if he's who he appears to be!"

"You don't have to come." She said, her eyes never leaving the road, "I can pull over at the next stop sign and drop you off."

"I'm not letting you go there by yourself, " I protested, "If I left you and something happened to you I wouldn't be able to live with myself."

She stayed silent.

"How do you even know where he lives?" I asked curiously, turning in my seat to face her.

"I've been there a couple times." Is all she said.

This whole situation was becoming more and more strange, what did she mean she's been there a couple times? I thought she said she didn't know he had a brother. Something wasn't adding up, she knew more than what she was letting on.

I wanted to pry and ask more questions, but something was stopping me, my fear. I was afraid of her answers, what she was going to tell me.

The car ride was long it took a couple hours and Dallas made no stops not even for gas. The scenery was becoming remote and the trees were thickening. I didn't recognize where I was or my surroundings.

A medieval type mansion came into view and I couldn't believe my eyes. It looked like a castle but the creepy one that Dracula lived in. It had this energy that came from it that made my stomach turn. I prayed that Dallas wasn't going to pull up to that house and i was greatful when she drove past it.

"We have to go through the back."

And there goes all my hope, I still didn't know the plan. We had no weapons or gun on us to defend our selves.

"What exactly are you going to do? Walk in there and say 'can I have my daughter back its for a project'? " I laughed to lighten up the mood a bit.

Dallas didn't find my joke funny and glared at me, "I got this just stay behind me okay?"

We crept up behind the mansion and took cover behind the wall. Dallas looked over her shoulder making sure it was clear before taking out a key and unlocking the door.

Wait, why does she have a key to her exes brothers house?

When we entered, the house was eerily quiet. She knew her way around the corridors pretty well and quickly led us around towards the front of the house where voices were heard.

One of them being Roberts, he was shouting at someone then I heard it, gunshots. My ears begin to ring as i gritted my teeth trying not to make too much sound.

Dallas nails were piercing my skin, as she shook in front of me. Tears were pouring out of her eyes as she watched the man shoot Robert again killing him dead.

When we knew the Coast was clear, Dallas dropped to her knees taking me with her. She crawled to Roberts body as the pool of blood widened around him.

"I'm so sorry I didn't get here in time." Dallas said, "What you did was stupid you should of told me I could have helped you. We were so close to catching him."

When I heard footsteps approaching, I pulled Dallas away from his body, as we ran in the opposite direction. We had to get out of here.

I was directing her towards the door we came in, but she pulled in the direction of stairs leading to the basement.

"Dallas we can't go down there its dangerous!"

"My daughter is here demi, we can't leave now. Since Roberts dead he was no reason to keep Sierra alive. All bets are off." She said quickening her pace.