Enemy or Friend

In a place near Cathedral it was a training Camp for young recruits to train were a young Crono and a Young Joel were to train in a dorm room.

Joel then says, "we were roomed together it was like fate was on my side for this but I didn't do it then I decide to wait make look accidental at the time I didn't know who he was I figure he was the spoiled nephew of Reggie Zunder but I was wrong."

Joel was checking out him and Crono's dorm room. Crono then says, "Um Joel was it." Joel then says, "yes Crono what is it." Crono then says, "I just wanted to tell you that I have a snoring problem so if you don't get sleep I'm sorry." Joel then says, "oh no worries that don't bother me." Crono then says, "alright." They change into there Cadet Training uniforms which was a cadet suit but with gray stripes and trainee written on the chest. They then get to the training field and stood in a line with the other Trainees. A Cadet in a Soldier Division with a bald head this was drill instructor. Instructor then says loudly, "all right time for three mile run any one left behind will do another three mile with no dinner." they all then say, "yes sir."

Joel then says, "we did this repeatedly everyday but everyday when we had off time I got to know Crono was the spoiled nephew was actually a nice gut to be with but he was demon spawn but he never done a sin in his life this was when started to think myself is this mission from God worth this."

Six months have past since training began they were doing a field test Crono, Joel and Oliver were paired together. There mission was to located a beast in the woods and destroy it.

Joel then says, "this was a golden opportunity i thought at the time I could say Crono got eaten by the beast only thing I had to do is to separate myself and him from Oliver and we did."

Crono and Joel were walk in the woods. Crono then says, "man we lost O'lonald." Joel then was following from behind and says, "yeah...." Joel then starts to draws his sword ready to kill Crono but then they hear giant footsteps. Crono then says, "did you hear that." They then see Oliver running with his Axe out and waves his left hand in the air like he saying hi with a big grin on his face and says, "hey lads I found it the beast." They then see giant wild boar. Crono then draws his sword and says, "let's go help him out Joel." Joel then says, "right." They then go take out the beast together Joel's gold opportunity to kill Crono was wasted time would go by months.

Joel then says, "then it was the Graduation from training camp one year have past and only way to graduate was to fight one on one match with another trainee and who would guess it would be you Crono at this point I didn't know what to do follow my mission or abandon my mission get to know him I might have understand what God true intentions are at this point but it was this fight that change me."

In Cathedral City Cadet Arena Crono and Joel stood in front of each other with a Cadet Lancer as a referee. Crono then says, "well good luck." Joel then says, "yeah..." they then walk to the lines in the ring where there swords were waiting. Joel then think, "I couldn't kill him why my life what I am going to do Grandfather will be mad me I failed God." The Lancer then says, "right grab your swords." They then grab their swords. Crono then says, "Joel before we start why did you become a Cadet Knight." Joel then thinks, "what" Joel then says, "I don't know anymore I've lost myself." Crono then says, "Joel as a Cadet Knight there only one rule that matter the most one that my uncle has told me." Joel then says, "what is it." Crono then says, "to serve and protect the people." Joel then thinks, "protect..." The Lancer then says, "fight." They then charge at each other. Joel then thinks, "I understand now your no monster Crono." Crono then slashes at Joel. Joel then kicks the blade up and goes for stab. Crono then cartwheel out of the way to the left. Joel then goes for a vertical slash. Crono blocks it with his sword. Crono then says, "it seems you found your way." Joel then says, "come on this can't be it." Crono then says, "then let's go." Joel then goes for side slash. Crono then goes for a back flip. Joel then says, "what." Crono then lands on the ground and lunges forward and dropkicks Joel. Both Joel and Crono then keep on fighting till they both were on the ground for exhausting. Joel then think, "a draw." they both then hear a laugh they both look and see a middle age man whit gray short hair with a Cadet suit with multiple colors this was Commander Reggie Zunder. Reggie was clapping and says, "good show boys." Crono then says, "uncle." Reggie then says, "you did well Crono." Reggie then goes to Joel and says, "need hand." Reggie helps Joel up. Reggie then says, "you did well young Joel welcome to the Cadets."

Joel then says, "after a week the results come and I was in the top ten in the class with Crono but I had one thing I had to do...."

Joel was in a field with the bag he keep since he left the angel realm. Joel then starts a fire and starts burning his old things he then looks a picture of him and Gabriel when he was younger. Joel then says, "Jophiel the Angel is gone, Joel Flynn the Cadet Soldier remains." Joel then toss the picture in the fire.