17

My shout out goes to Alabama, Ukraine, India and...comment your country. Sometimes I repeat the same countries over and over. Lol.

SERIOUSLY UNEDITED. I'll edit it later. Lol.

Riley's POV

*

The whole morning of my second day was spent ogling men at the stables, me practicing some shooting at the shooting range and those practicing fist fighting.

"I think we've had enough for the day."

I nodded at Ingrid. "I haven't seen Beast today."

Her eyes twinkled as I mentioned this. "Hmm. Let's head back to your room. So which of the men caught your eyes?"

I stopped walking and thought about her question. Well, we'd met so many men and they were fair enough. But none of them caught my attention except Noah...the brooding one of the three brothers we met at the stable.

He didn't even spare us a glance even though Ingrid introduced me to him as one of Capo's girls, whatever that meant.

Here they weren't calling him Beast. They called him Capo or Don.

"Noah." I started walking again, smiling slightly at the thought of him.

She gasped. "What? That moody guy caught your attention? What about his brothers? Or Manuel, the more mature one at the shooting range? Or Evan, the one who couldn't take his eyes off you? Remember how I had to grab your hand from his when you guys shook hands and he refused to let go?" She scoffed.

"Yes, Evan. He looked like a playboy to me though so I'll pass."

"But...okay fine." She rolled her eyes. "What do you even like about Noah? I mean he's just boring and rude at the same time. He didn't even give a response when I introduced you two."

I shrugged. "I like his-"

She cut me off. "His glares? You're one of Capo's girls so he won't talk to you. Better chose someone else."

"One of Capo's girls? What does that even mean?" I'd heard her introduce me to everyone as one of Capo's girls.

It was her turn to stop walking and eye me with a squint. "You came with him from America right?"

I nodded. I had a rough idea about what she wanted to say next but a part of me didn't want to admit it until I'd heard it from her. Did they think I had a special relationship with the Beast? Maybe that was why none of them questioned me.

"He sometimes brings girls here. He has done it twice before."

This piqued my interest.

"Tell me about those girls."

"Well, you're actually well mannered compared to the girls he's brought here before. The first one was so ill tempered and scolded everyone at every slight mistake. That was a few years back though. The second one he brought...something was wrong with her, but Capo, your Beast, treated her well and allowed her tantrums..."

I frowned. She had more to say and I wanted to hear it all. "Then what happened?"

"It was rumored that she was eventually murdered. By Capo himself. I heard he tortured her then butchered her." She finished with a shrug.

I gasped. "Beast wouldn't do something like that. I know him. I don't believe that!" I defended him. Even if he would kill, why would he butcher? Those that said so probably didn't know him that well.

This made Ingrid giggle. "Oh Riley, you're so naive but cute. I admire that about you. What do you mean by he won't do something like that? Let me tell you something about him. Capo didn't have a beautiful childhood. Him and his siblings lost their parents at an early age and he was too young to take over the throne so his uncle, Ron occupied the space. But when he clocked fourteen, do you know what he did?"