29

Riley

*

I looked away from my self-manicured nails and looked up to observe the back of the man that had been working tirelessly since midnight. Even after getting out of bed because I just couldn't sleep and sneaking in here to accompany him in uttermost silence, he still hadn't taken his eyes off his work.

"Beast..." I tried to get his attention.

"Yes?"

"Uhm, it's been days since the shooting where I got injured."

"So?" He was still going through his paper works, making me stare at his wide back in amazement. Wasn't he the boss? The capo di tutti capi? Why did he have to work so much?

He was always traveling around, attending so many meetings, taking so many calls, receiving so many guests and such.

I got up and went to sit at the edge of the bed so I could get a glimpse of his sideview.

"Can I start going out? Your bodyguards have stopped me twice now and they keep repeating it that I have to get permission from you."

A frown morphed on his usually blank or cold expression as he finally gave me his attention. "Where do you want to go?"

"To train, at least. It's been days and my back is better now. The others have started training at the shooting range while all I can shoot so far is someone's crotch. I need to train to get better."

My statement made his frown deepen. "Targeting the enemy's crotch...that's even better." He praised.

My eyes lit up at his words of encouragement. "Thank you. So can I go now?"

"No."

"Please. I'll call you so you can talk to the bodyguards."

"No."

"But I'm better now."

"Rest some more."

My gaze turned fierce as I glared at the side of his head, knowing I couldn't glare at him if he was facing me. For how long would I keep resting? Even Leonardo had given assurance that I could resume my training.

"I can't keep resting. I'm tired...and I'm bored." I confessed.

He turned his swivel chair around to face me and motioned for me to come closer, making me get up from the edge of the bed and move closer to him.

He wrapped his arms around my waist. "I'm really busy, so be a good girl. I'll take you to the shooting range myself when I'm done, okay?"

He looked at me and I felt my mouth go dry when he gently pecked my forehead, his gaze turning a bit soft.

"Ok-okay. Go ahead with your work. I don't mind." I rambled in a murmur. Of course I would mind, but that would be after I got over the warm, enchanting look in his eyes.

"Good girl." He pecked my nose and turned around in his swivel chair to go back to what he was doing, his expression turning to the usual cold expression that left me in awe.

My eyes randomly went to his table and I blinked when I caught the caption on some of the newspapers he had drawn circles on.

Who still read newspapers anyway?

Since he was busily engrossed in his work and I was also not in a haste to leave the room, I glanced through the front pages in the papers, realizing they were all from a week ago and also about this so called 'Michaelson' company.

The Voice: "Michaelson beverage company, sold out?"

The New York Hour breaking news: Michaelson fashion company has come to ruins!"