22

My shout out goes to Peru, Poland, Cyprus and Mongolia

Luciano's POV

*

The men filed out of the cars before us as we stayed in complete silence. After they'd all alighted, Rico came to open the door for me and I alighted.

I looked around.

What could be so important that godfather would want to see me here?

We could just go over to the ancient mansion and discuss whatever it wa over there.

I alighted the car and strode in with my men bouncing behind me, defying the protocol that stated I should always have men before and behind me for my own safety.

Immediately I entered the room, I saw him, sitting in his recliner and looking like he didn't have a care in the world.

"God father."

Leaning in, I kissed his cheek and then kissed the ring on his left finger. Luca Del Peiro smiled up at me, gesturing for me to take a seat.

He was our Gooma, an Italian word which meant older friend or associate who acts as a protector or a mentor.

"Godson. How are you?" I took a seat before him and leaned back.

"I'm fine. Congratulations on the recent progress of your grandson, Eros. How is my cousin, Angela?"

He chuckled. "That brat is taking a good care of her. He's in too deep already, I should say. Anyway, let's talk about you. I see you got yourself a cute one as well."

"Oh no Gooma," I sat up. "It's not what you think. She is my ward. She is under witness protection."

His eyes suddenly sparkled with a dangerous glint. He gripped his walking stick tighter, giving me a smile.

"Capo di capi tutti never explains himself to anyone, even me, your Godfather. Regardless of who they are. You are the head, the Mafia Don of the whole Italia Mafioso. Never explain yourself to anyone, regardless of who they are. Is that taken?" He told me sternly, his beady eyes staring straight into my soul.

I nodded. "Yes godfather."

"Hmm. And when you find the right woman who you think is worthy, make her yours. And give her the crown and the matching heirloom pendant, as the Donna. Make sure she's worth it too."

"Of course godfather." I nodded again. Why was he telling me this? Maybe because the coronation was fast approaching.

"Now how is the prep- ah, I also heard about a sudden snake attack on your ward."

"Yes. It is strange how that happened. There has never been a record of spotting a snake in the area in almost twenty years because even the ranch boys were equally surprised and also, the trees are regularly checked. The CCTV couldn't help much because...I think it was manipulated and there was no angle where the snake was spotted climbing the tree." I relayed.

"Hmm." He chuckled. "Keep an eye on that girl. She has become someone you paid attention to, considering how you even killed your ex without caring about the consequences of the elders or her father's wrath. It's rare for you to show such deep care to someone else that isn't your sibling and I think that says a lot. Now, how is Amelia?"

"I...I don't understand something, Gooma."

His face lit up at my comment, as if he'd been expecting it. "What don't you understand?"

"We will meet at the coronation. And we could have also spoken about this on the phone if you merely wanted to get updates..."

He laughed. "Ever the observant one just as expected of my godson. What are you going to do about your ward's acceptance into Kings and Queen's university? It's a good one."