09

Word count:

Riley's POV

*

I was woken up by Dennis.

Quite frighteningly, if I may add.

There was no banging on my door, the same door I'd secured with two of the safety locks behind it. Instead, I'd woken up with the large frame looming over me at five am, with a glare on the Intruder's face.

Five freaking AM!

"Dennis? What the hell?" I whisper yelled and placed a hand on my chest to catch my breath.

"Cussing doesn't suit you, peanut butter." He was still looming over me, his look now less sterner than seconds ago. It seemed he'd woken up a long time ago because there was no single trace of sleep on his face. And of course he was looking cold as ever.

"I know you promised to take me out but I didn't mean this early." I told him in a bitter sweet tone. Whenever I woke up early, it was always hard to go back to sleep. I'd have to blank my mind and shut my eyes gently, and if a thought mistakenly slipped through and I got too deep into thinking about it, then that would be the end of my plans to fall back asleep.

"Get dressed and go bathe. You begin practice today." He stated.

I sat up groggily, feeling mildly upset that he'd woken me up in such a creepy way and didn't even have the decency to give out a few words of apology.

"What practice?" I frowned.

"You're to start some training and exercises today but you'll be briefed as the time goes by-" he registered my frown and surprisingly, his expression and tone went a little bit softer. "I won't make things hard for you."

My heart softened a little and I realized I was probably rubbing off on the large man. Still, I had no interest in this training or whatever he was referring to.

"But I'm not interested in training. Who asked you to do this? Am I going to be trained to be some kind of assassin or something?" I shuddered at the thought of it. I could see myself climbing walls of a few storey building with determination to creep upon someone's window and gun them down, all dressed in black like some badass lady with gun strapped to my waist.

I quickly shook my head to erase the thought.

"No, peanut butter. It's just some little efforts to keep fit. It's compulsory for everyone here, except you're no longer eating the food always stocked for those doing the exercises and that would mean you starving to death since you're stuck here for now."

I frowned deeper. Well I loved food and it was one of the few factors that was making me stay here willingly, of course I was also staying here because I was safer too.

"I hate you guys." I murmured and got out of bed, putting the heavy duvet off me.

I pressed my hands on Dennis's chest and pushed him towards the door. He didn't object.

When we got to the door, he stopped moving, making it obvious that he only allowed me push him that far simply because he was willing.

"I'll be out in twenty." I told him.

"Make that fifteen. I already spent five minutes explaining shit to your cute peanut butt." He told me with a blank expression and I smiled. I could totally see us becoming friends. He wasn't as difficult as he presented himself to be.

I stuck my tongue out at him and ignored his narrowed eyes. He couldn't be that petty that sticking my tongue out would upset him. That was just plain immaturity.