40

Riley's POV

*

I knew I would have a good time with Beast and that was exactly how it was going. I was seeing a different side of him compared to what I was used to at home. Sure he commanded respect from his men at home and while on his capo duty but at the moment, he was doing the same thing with big, ruthless looking businessmen and the fact that they were all gazing at him with reverence regardless of the age disparity was so hot.

I had to follow him straight to a boardroom for a meeting the instance we arrived at his company.

Most of the men in the room were either elderly or men in their forties and above.

There was no young man present except Luciano himself and the security head that escorted us to the boardroom. The men, all dressed in black suits, were seated on the left and right sides of the long table and Beast sat at the head of the table with me on his right.

A young man finally stepped in just as we were settling down and went to whisper something into the ear of one of the elderly men sitting on Beast's left. The man also whispered something back to him. He had hooded eyes and a long, slightly bent nose. The man nodded to whatever the elderly man had said and went to turn on the projector.

"Good morning Chairman Morello and the board members. In our last meeting, we already discussed the recent development of the company and evaluation of developing areas. The latest information we received helped us come to the conclusion that the..." He kept talking while I moved my face to the Beast, who was observing the speaker with a serious expression on his face.

My eyes roamed all around his face and I slowly took in his deep grey eyes, his nose and his beautiful looking lips. His high arched eyebrow made him look more dominating and I felt myself staring too longingly at him. He looked so fierce right now but that didn't stop me from feeling a desiring pull in my abdomen as if I should pull him towards me with his black shiny tie and kiss him senseless.

Beast suddenly looked away from the man and his eyes landed on me, hot and smoldering.

Shocked at the sudden switch in his gaze, my face darted away in embarrassment. I bit my lower lip, knowing I'd been caught. When I looked at him again, Beast's eyes were hardened a little as he kept them on me and I looked away again.

I puffed air through my lips, feeling blood flood my cheeks. The fully conditioned room suddenly felt hotter with each passing second.

The meeting continued with me playing on my phone and going through the courses we'd be having next semester since I was so bored anyway. That was until I heard murmurs going around the hall.

I looked up to see the men whispering among themselves.

"Does anyone have an objection to what I said?" Beast asked, moving his gaze slowly around the room.

The elderly man on Beast's left- whom someone had whispered to earlier - stood up and adjusted the knot of his tie, his eyes sending a glare in Beast's direction.

"With all due respect-"

"That is only used when someone's about to get disrespected, so adjust your tone before I have someone do that for you, Mr Cruise."

The man cleared his throat. "I don't think there is a need to look too deep into the seaside establishment. My team had the structure of the foundation drafted and they were overseen by two experts before I gave the final say on it. To see it getting such scrutinization while the other projects were only looked through once makes me feel as if chairman is trying to be biased towards me."

"Is that so?" Beast's one sounded like he was mocking the man.

"Yes. Also, ever since management switched hands few weeks ago, there has been stricter measures used in handling the departments. I feel as if the workers might get weary and leave if this continues. Most of them are skilled and have been working here since the company was developed."