42

Unedited

Riley's POV

*

I felt my head hit the side of a hard surface as I was jerked sideways and I groaned in pain, feeling my left cheek burn.

Slowly, I opened my eyes and frowned, trying to adjust myself so I could properly look at my surroundings. My frown deepened when I realized that it was slightly dark but there was a peek of light on the glass window on my left covered by tattered transparent polythene nylon.

With a light hiss, I looked around to see I was alone, in a small space with a paint stained rag beside my left and as ten liters container not far from me.

There was something covering my mouth, preventing me from calling out. Looking down in dismay at how weak I felt, I tensed when I realized I couldn't raise my hand to touch my face because my hands were tied firmly and placed on my thighs.

Why am I being held captive, tied and gagged in a dark room? I frowned, trying to remember what I was doing before something happened to me that led me here. The sudden rocking movement from under me made me aware that I was in a moving vehicle and not a room. Fear arose inside me as I wondered how I could get out of this situation.

I wiggled my toes and rolled my eyes. Of course my legs were tied too.

Then the memory of me getting hit in the head from behind while in the restroom suddenly came back, making me release an irritated hiss.

Remind me not to help strangers in the future because that was what led me to this current situation I found myself in.

After I left Beast - the same person that'd warned me not to go around alone because he wanted me to be perfectly safe- I got into the bathroom while Dennis waited outside.

Then I decided to touch up my lipstick and powder but a lady who was also powdering her nose - for real- asked me if I had sanitary pads. And me being me, I go around with one or two whenever I'm lucky enough to go out, just in case my red lady visits while I'm out.

I wouldn't want to tell Beast I need my sanitary pads because that would be a bit motivating.

Then I gave the lady and she started rambling about how she was having issues with her boyfriend but I wasn't interested. But she suddenly grabbed my hair from behind and tried to slam it into the mirror. In reflex, I hunched my back and walked backwards, making her hit her back on the wall. Then we started fighting. She could fight dirty while I could easily hit her in all her weak points.

Long story short, after I gave her the last punch, she hit her head on the ground going out cold. My victory was short lived though when someone suddenly suffocated me with what I guess was chloroform from behind. My eyes widened and I started struggling, ramming my elbow into their side but another person locked my right hand from beside me, then forcefully grabbed my other arm.

It was a man dressed in white.

I shook my head so the handkerchief wouldn't be placed on my face but the person in front of me gave me a hard slap across my left cheek.

That was when I felt all fight leave me as sounds of gunshots rang around me.

Even though I fought to stay awake and hoped Beast had noticed that something was wrong, I couldn't help but give up the fight after that.

And from the things I'd learnt from the training, these men probably didn't mean to kill me since I was obviously still alive and being restrained. They wanted something else.

So that would mean they kidnapped me for a ransom, or to get something from Beast because word might've got out that I was with him. Though no one knew about our relationship except those close to us because the only time we'd been seen together outside was when I followed him to his office and we didn't even show any public display of affection throughout.