43

Anonymous POV

*

I couldn't believe what I just saw.

Boss would be glad to know this.

I knew that girl wasn't as simple as she portrayed herself to be. There was just something about her that screamed caution.

Watching the full event unfold right before my eyes, I stared in surprise, partial awe and total incredulity. The girl slumped to the ground after confirming that her kidnappers had been utterly defeated, looking soulless as she muttered something lowly.

She rocked to the left and right slowly, mindlessly, as if she wasn't currently losing blood or as if she wasn't still in the enemy's territory.

All of a sudden, the sight of a black show came into sight.

I ducked when the owner of the shoe stepped into the room and after about three seconds, I slowly stretched to take another peek.

It was a man in suit. The instance he stepped into the room, his eyes fell on the girl.

Who was this man? A frown morphed on my face as I took another quick peek at him. I'd never seen him in the underworld and due to my profession, I could proudly say I'd met uncountable bosses in the underground.

Bringing out my phone as I ducked, I typed a quick message to boss.

*boss, it was just as you predicted. That girl isn't as simple as she looks. She just brutally killed her kidnappers. I tailed them down to Peach Estate. It appears they secured a hideout there. Some men have come for her but none of them look familiar and they don't have any visible logo imprinted on them. I'll update you when they leave here.*

After the message signified that it had been delivered, I took another peek to see the man carrying the girl out of the room while his men stood at ease on both sides.

For some reason, staring at him made me feel goosebumps all over my body. There was this iciness in his eyes and the dangerous aura emitting of him that creeped me out.

Just as he took a step out the door, he suddenly looked in my direction and our eyes met.

My blood froze, my tongue instantly clamping to the roof of my mouth as it went dry. I, a professional spy had never been afraid of anything all my life except my boss. But this man right here, there was something about him that just made me shudder.

Another fact I came to realize while standing there and staring at the devil himself was that I had just witnessed everything that happened to the girl sleeping in his arms and I was standing in a spot, watching. Meaning he figured I was with the enemy.

"Get him." He muttered and instantly stepped out.

I stood in that spot for three full seconds before coming to my senses but alas, it was too late because just as I turned around, I realized that standing behind me, was an armed man who had a pistol pointed at my forehead.

"I- please-"

And then I met with my fate.

~

Beast's POV

I ran out of the house and towards my car, gently going in with Riley in my arms.

Riley shivered, clinging to my arm and whimpering.

"Beast." She muttered lowly, her eyes shut tight.

"I'm here. Your Luci is here."

"B-beast...save me." She muttered. She shook her head gently, her eyes opening and closing tiredly.