54

Word count: 2556

Please click on the ⭐ button below your screen to signify a vote and comment your thoughts on the chapter. Also ,share with your friends and loved ones to support me as an author. Ilysm

My shout-out goes to Ukraine, Pennsylvania and Syria 😘

Follow me on Inkitt for faster updates on my works ♥️

Riley's POV

*

Luciano's hold on my waist was possessive as I struggled to get freed.

I seethed as he led us around the house and to the front, leading me back into the mansion while he signalled for the bodyguards to stay behind in the living room as we walked up the stairs. 

"Let me go." I spoke through gritted teeth.

"Shut up." He growled and kept walking, with me getting even angrier about how he was ignoring my words and also forcing me to walk with him even though I didn't want to.

Immediately we got into his room, my eyes instinctively darted to the previously damaged bathroom door and I saw it had been repaired. Luciano gently nudged me forward and shut the door. I stepped closer to him and stabbed his chest with my index finger.

"Now listen to me, Luciano, you won't ever tell me to shut up that way again. I am your equal because we are in-love and you will treat me with the same level of respect you demand from me." I raised my voice, upset about how he wasn't even putting my feelings into consideration.

"I said shut up, Riley. If there's something you want to know, ask. And calm down, you'll stress yourself with this anxiousness and you might break down." He told me, merely staring at me as if I was overreacting.

"Fine let's talk then, since you want to 'talk'. Why are you trafficking girls? Drugs? Arms and all that shit?"

"Language." He scowled. "What exactly did you think I was doing all these years as a mafioso head? Who did you think I was? How exactly do you think the mafia runs? You think I go to work Monday to Friday and come back home to play the perfect boyfriend? You know that's not how things are, you just decided to keep lying to yourself and living in oblivion."

My eyes widened in surprise and I felt shame consume me because he was partially right. I'd thought about it before but I totally ignored the thoughts because he looked perfect to me then and I was so in-love. Now I realized I was in-love with someone who trafficked girls and sold illegal arms.

"I- I can't do this right now. You're so impossible." I walked around him, making an attempt to leave the room but he blocked me with his huge body.

We stared at each other, as if one person was daring the other to do their worst.

I glared up at him, my breaths coming out in pants. "What the hell are you doing?"

"Language Riley, I won't repeat it one more time or I swear you'll get a spanking right this moment." He told me, his tone still neutral even though his eyes narrowed warningly.

I puffed air through my lips. "That's not the- ugh, whatever. I don't want to look at you right now. I can't believe I've been dating a trafficker. What do you do with those girls? Jesus Christ, I could've been one of them. So vulnerable, snatched from her family all for a sick man's desires. Just let me go so I can breathe some fresh air in and rethink my life choices on what this means to me as the person you'll be settling down with. I don't see my future with a man who truly earned his reputation as a Beast. This is not worth it."

I looked up at him to see his eyes going wide. "Are you rethinking your feelings for me? Seriously? After all the confession about how I mean the world to you and whatnot that you said at the kitchen barely thirty minutes ago? Wow.  I can see it clearly now."