57

Word count: 3036

Kindly click on the ⭐ button below your screen to signify a vote and comment your thoughts on the chapter.

Follow me for more updates on all my works.

Rosa's POV

*

Ingrid arrived this morning, alone.

She was supposed to have arrived two days ago along with Dennis but the flight had been rescheduled for today instead and she was the only one that eventually came home.

Apparently, Dennis left for an assignment immediately the plane touched down and she was brought home by a bodyguard so I didn't have the privilege to observe her with Dennis and see how they interacted with one another.

Mostly, I wanted to observe what kind of a lover Dennis was. But maybe I should cut him some slack, since this would probably be his first relationship in a while.

At the moment, I was filling Ingrid in on all that had happened over the time we'd gotten back from Italy and I'd gotten to the part where his godfather brought another lady into our home to replace me if I ever ended up leaving Luciano.

"How can you be so dense, Riley? Do you know who you are?"

I gave her a look, scoffing. "Of course I do. I'm Luciano's girlfriend-"

"No. Come here. Scoot closer." She offered softly while patting the spot beside her and I did as she'd requested, glancing at her perfectly curled edges before looking back at her. "Okay, so this is how it is. According to what I know about the mafia family, you don't get told what to do by anyone except the Beast, my cousin."

"Wait, I-"

"No one can tell you what to do except the Don."

I gaped at her. "Do you even know how much power his godfather wields? Luciano literally sees the man as a demigod. I don't want to disrespect him."

She scoffed. "You're disrespecting yourself and my cousin by allowing him tell you what to do. That's not how this works. Look, according to what we've learnt and even grew up understanding, you can't take orders from anyone except your man. The Don. You're his partner for a reason. You're the most powerful lady and you can literally tell his men what to do. Though, with all I've seen and heard so far, you're not fulfilling that expectation. I bet you stutter when talking to the bodyguards."

"I, well- ugh, this is all so weird to me." I huffed and took a deep exhale. I still stuttered while speaking to the bodyguard the other day.

"Thank goodness I came here. If not, they would've reduced you to a permanent role barely above the maids duties and knowing you, you'd have been happy to comply."

"It's not that bad. I actually enjoy doing things around the house though I only work in the kitchen. That too being once in a while."

"And you got the mafioso code of conduct booklet. Seems you never read anything that was in it."

"Oh." I raised my brows. They did give us such a thing but I couldn't even remember where I tossed it since that time. "I actually didn't read the booklet. I read a little and pretty much figured every other thing out."

Ingrid laughed and got off the bed, planting her right hand on her hip sassily. 

"Riley. You are it. You're the queen. You should walk, talk, eat, breatheeee with glamour. You should do every damn thing like a royalty. Command respect in the way you interact with the people here. You are the future Donna, act like it. Go to the kitchen once in a while and interact with the ladies. Let them . Go shopping, go to parties, live the life. Don't tell me you spend the day staying in all day. That's so sad."