19

My shout out goes to Panama 🇵🇦 & Boston, Massachusetts USA 🇺🇸

Pardon mistakes. I'll edit when I get the time ❤

Riley's POV

*

It had been two days since I last saw Beast, Keanu or Dennis. Ever since I met them when they arrived from the airport, it was as if they'd later disappeared into thin air.

"And then the number of people in the community grew after the change in power and then we had to move over to the mansion." My companion ended with a satisfied sigh.

My eyes darted to Ingrid who was explaining the history of this place and how it'd developed over the years.

I hadn't been listening to her but I knew she'd start all over again if I told her that.

"You seem so fond of this place." I commented instead. Her eyes were always sparkling whenever she spoke about the mansion and their neighbors and even her country. She was a country girl and she was damn well proud of it.

"Yes. I grew up here and have been in this community my whole life."

I wished I could relate but for someone that'd been moved from one foster care to another while growing up, I couldn't relate. There was no nostalgic feeling on my end when she spoke but her love for her country made me wish for a second that I could also have a normal life and family around me.

'Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer...' Dennis's words came back and I wondered what he meant by that.

"Hi." I sent again to Dennis.

I knew the next few days after their arrival would be busy but I could've never imagined I wouldn't even see them at all for two whole days. Ever since they left, I'd been sitting for dinner as usual with his family. No one paid me any special attention and for that, I was grateful.

"Do you want to pluck some mangoes? We have fresh ones there. I sometimes make orange and mango juices since we have easy access to the fruits and we also have the juice makers." She pointed at the trees and my eyes widened.

I'd never climbed a tree before in my entire life. How'd I even go about that?

"I don't think that's a good idea. Do you climb all these trees?" I eyed the numerous trees.

She chuckled, her expression instantly brightening as her eyes glinted in mischief. I had a bad feeling about this already. "Don't worry baby, I'll gladly teach you how to go about it."

Then she dragged me to the tree and took off her slippers. "It's quite easy. You'll hold on to the back like this and push your torso up to climb onto it. To make it easier, you have to reach your leg out and balance it on this spot." She explained each step she took and with the blink of an eye, she was already manoeuvering her way up and carefully climbing with the help of the beaches.

"Do you want to try?" She called, her grin wide and her eyes brighter than the white in an egg.

"Uhh..."

"Don't worry, I totally get why you wouldn't want to. You're afraid your beast will scold you and you also want to act like a respectful lady or some stuff since you're not used to this." She gave me a pitiful but comforting look. "You can still derive satisfaction from watching me. I'll pluck the mangoes and throw them into that basket. Don't feel too bad for not being able to climb..."

Was she feeling sorry for me or trying to push me to the edge so I could refute her claims? I scoffed at the twisted words and squared my shoulders.

"Brace yourself, because I'm joining you right away!" I announced and threw caution to the wind.

Protected by the Beast ✔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara