46

Riley's POV

*

"My godfather is downstairs. Take a shower and eat. I'll take a while before coming back up." Beast told me as I sat up in a daze, watching his every move while he unlocked the door through the damned button beside his work table.

I tucked a strand of my hair to the back of my ear and nodded gently. I could still feel the heat of his body against mine and the warmth of his lips against mine.

Just as he put his hand on the knob, he suddenly told me, "I love you, bunny."

A gasp escaped my lips and I blinked, staring at him as I blushed furiously.  His words sent a ripple of gladness spreading through my heart.

He left but I just kept staring at the door.

Did he just tell me he loved me?

I patted my cheeks and let out puffs of air through my lips, taking a deep exhale. My blush refused to subside and I let out a groan, unable to stop the smile on my face.

After a few minutes, I finally analyzed the situation and our argument from the beginning to the end.

I realized that I needed to calm down. And I needed to think about this carefully because some of the things Luciano told me were really scary. If all of those things were true, then...

What would've happened had it been that I'd been having a secret affair with someone and also slept with the person multiple times without telling anyone? Would I have been killed several months ago for not being pure enough for the creepy ritual Luci mentioned?

Or what would happen if a girl got raped and wasn't a virgin before her mafia marriage ceremony?

Who was the girl at the orphanage that revealed my intentions? I usually spoke to a few of them but only three girls were close to me and knew I was in love with Dan.

Did Dan know he would be killed that night? If so, why did he still agree to come to the park?

Dan. That brought me back to the accusations I heard about him from Luci and I felt pain spread through my heart. Was he truly just an informant planted in my school to get close to me? All the while when were friends before we later dated, I'd trusted him and always told him everything because he was basically my best friend.

Was I just someone he wanted to sleep with all along?

Did he see me as someone who would never be his while I was seeing him as my best friend and amazing boyfriend? I had even imagined my future with him.

I shook my head and felt a headache slowly surfacing.

Groaning, I decided to eat so I could have some strength in case there was a need to argue with Beast again. He didn't even take me serious when I kept accusing him and he was so direct in telling me he knew about Dan's death.

But it was surprising that he got overly jealous when I mentioned sleeping with Dan. I remembered he usually got angry and acted colder towards me whenever I talked about Noah. Now I knew it was due to jealousy.

Guilt flushed through me and I bit my lower lip. I shouldn't have done that, I wouldn't like it if he mentioned that he would sleep with April or some other woman. I would go crazy with jealousy.

No wonder he kissed me so intensely after I made him jealous. Sighing at the memory of him sucking my breasts with so much passion, I heaved a contented sigh and drew the small table containing plates of fried turkey, fried rice and a glass of juice closer to me. The sight was so yummy that I started devouring it instantly.