62

Word count: 5068

(I haven't updated in ages and this is very much due to writer's block. Apologies. Kisses**)

Riley's POV

*

Luciano said I would meet my family during the weekend. Which was not necessary since I could meet them today because the doctor already confirmed that I was fine.

"But the doctor said I'm perfectly alright now." I said in my infamous no-nonsense tone but Luciano merely looked at me like I was saying something ridiculous.

"Don't argue with me, Riley. You're staying here for a few days more to fully recuperate. I need you to rest properly so that's final." He told me strictly. His glare was icy cold, so I knew he wasn't joking this time around. Still, I had the right to make my own decision. What was his damn problem?

"B-but Fred can't go on his honeymoon if he doesn't see me. Wasn't that what Amelia was trying to tell me yesterday before you chased them all out?" I asked in an exasperated breath. I knew he was being protective but this was too much.

"That's just a little punishment compared to what I'd intended to do to your brother and his pocknosing wife. I don't care if she was once your best friend. It shows how little she thinks of your friendship if she can jeopardize your life by trying the hypnotic session even after our strict warnings." Luci told me strictly and I shook my head helplessly.

I heaved a sigh, about to continue this argument but the look he gave me instantly made me know he was unyielding about this.

"It's for my own good anyway. But can we at least reduce the days I'll spend apart from them? I've missed my grandma and my dad. How did you even manage to keep them away? What did you say?" I eyed him suspiciously.

"I told them I flew you out of the country for a few days and they dare not check our house to know if I was lying or not." Luciano told me without even a bit of shame in his tone. Such a liar!

I frowned in indignation, pouting my lips while huffing. The way he called it our house filled my stomach with excited butterflies, much to my mortification.

Turning away from him, I faced the other end of the room and folded my arms across my chest but Luciano chuckled and climbed the bed behind me. With an arm swung over my torso, I was instantly pulled into him. It was effortless. Of course he took gyming seriously. How else would he pull me into him like I weighed nothing? Ugh.

My breath stuttered when I felt his warm breath in my ear and his hoarse voice greeted my eardrums. I swallowed thickly.

"Are you mad at me?" His thick voice rumbled even as he whispered the words. I blinked, almost falling for his unplanned seduction but caught myself fast enough.

"Hmph!" I huffed indignantly.

"It's for your own good, baby."

"Leave me alone, Luci." I shook my head.

"I guess I won't tell you the surprise I have for you since you're angry at me anyway." He stated casually. His words had me furrowing my brows. What surprise was he talking about?

"What surprise?" I asked in a neutral tone, keeping the curiosity out of my voice as much as I could.

"It doesn't matter. You're even backing me when I'm talking, which means you don't care about it and-"

I turned around while eyeing him. "I want to know what it is. Tell me."

It was rare for him to surprise me with something so how would I not get curious if he had a surprise for me?