37

Riley's POV

*

The next day after my confession to Luciano, I was woken up by Dennis at dawn, given some instructions and told to stay safe. It looked like he was in a hurry, which wasn't in the least bit surprising because he rarely stayed at home anyway. And then I asked where he was going, because he never told me to be careful or mentioned it that he was going out.

"You're heading out? I would've loved to give you a piece of the cake I'll bake today." I told him and rubbed at my eyes, feeling them droop.

"I'm flying to Austria to join Beast."

That instantly jolted me into a state of full consciousness.

My heart flipped at the mere mention of the Beast. "Wait- did you say you're going there to join him?"

That meant he left already. He already traveled.

"Yes. He left on an emergency trip at midnight, for some business purpose." He replied curtly. "Come here."

"Huh?" I stepped closer to him and shut the door behind me. Dennis pulled me towards him with his left hand on my shoulder and leaned in to peck my forehead ever so gently. The act caught me by surprise, my heart fluttering as warmth spread through me at the random gesture.

"Riley, be a good girl. I shouldn't be telling you this but...we might not be back for a while. It's regarding the thing Beast briefed you on when we were still in Florida, at least I think he briefed you on the happenings already. Since you guys are...you know." He stated awkwardly, clearing his throat. "Anyway, I should be going now. He asked me to tell you to be a good girl, just like I'm also advising you. Focus on school and we'll be back before you know it. Bye." He reported, turned around and left.

Wait, was that all Beast had for me?

He could only say that I should be a good girl? Was I a bad girl in the first place? Well maybe he stated that because I seduced him but he was the first man I would seduce and it wasn't like I was a flirt. I seduced him because it was him in particular! He didn't even say anything about my confession towards him last night.

Be a good girl.

A good girl.

Good girl.

Girl.

Of course. A girl. Nothing more. That was all I was to him. I rolled my eyes at the hurt I felt when I realized I'd actually expected Beast to give me a positive reaction after what happened yesterday.

He's such an emotionless man.

I turned around to step back into my room, shut the door and locked it, going back to bed because I knew today would be a long day.

After Dennis left, I spent the next few days that followed attending trainings which had been preplanned by Keanu, gathering all the materials needed for my courses and reading about the University.

I was a month behind.

Most of my lecturers were very understanding and with their help, I was able to grasp some more knowledge easily. After much consideration, I'd gone for literature and decided to major in fiction writing. I could go for some part time cooking classes later on when I get to my early twenties.

Before I knew what was happening, I'd made a friend. His name was Claus and he was totally amazing and supportive. We'd never met but we would talk on phone for a very long period of time almost every day after the conclusion of our classes. He reminded me of my late boyfriend, whom I would speak to for several hours after classes had ended back in highschool.