02

Word count: 1855

Leave a vote and a comment if you love the chapter :-)

Riley's POV

*

You know that feeling when you keep sensing a prickling sensation on your body, like there are eyes on you. Yes that exact feeling is what I've been enduring for the past few days now.

I could feel eyes on me. I could swear it, someone had been watching me for a while now but it was so discrete that whenever I turned around, there would be no one suspicious out there.

Sometimes after getting home, I would randomly turn around before stepping in because the feeling of someone watching me all the way from wherever I went down to my house kept me wary. 

I didn't like walking alone these past few days, but then again I still didn't feel safe even when I was around people because it felt like something bad could happen to anyone around me.

I didn't want anyone else around me to get hurt!

It had been a week since this stalking or following thingy started, and I wasn't even feeling safe anymore. I was beginning to even consider leaving the Parkers, my new foster parents and going back to the orphanage.

I didn't feel safe staying here with them any longer.

Also, the Parkers were likely to get hurt if the bad guys were truly after me.

"Calm down. Relax and take short breaths in, you're just being paranoid." I tried to convince myself inside the restroom of the coffee shop where I was currently standing, heaving a sigh when two ladies came in.

They were gossiping about a man who loved cheating on his girlfriend and the girl had refused to leave him.

I didn't care, so I shut them out and just mentally gave myself a pep talk.

I eyed myself through the mirror and realized my collar bone was even more evident these past few days, probably due to how tensed, stressed and worried I'd been with all the weird stalking thing. I was barely eating. Whenever I thought about the whole thing with Dan, I would easily lose my appetite.

I had been getting nightmares of what happened that night and even dreaming about the same happening in different scenarios. I would see the same men from my dream killing people in the market, killing people in the zoo park, shooting at schools and just leaving dead bodies lying around while I'm left crying and begging the dead people to wake up.

It was terrifying.

There was always lots of blood, and the bloodied whispers from choked breaths of those wounded people, urging me to run. Begging me to never look back.

To just keep running.

My foster mom was beginning to get worried and suggesting I go for therapy due to screaming during the nights and my heavy sweating that usually woke me up in the mornings.

The fear of it all was threatening to consume me. The monsters increased with each passing night.

I snapped out of my thoughts when the bathroom door slammed with a loud bang.

And my breath hitched as I registered the very weird situation of things. 

There was a man in here, very unfriendly looking and he had a permanent scowl on his face. He was in a black leather jacket that had so much button designs in random patterns, and black jean trousers.

He vaguely reminded me of the John Wick movie character and his specially custom made attires but that wasn't the time to think about all this.