34

Word count: 1862

Beast's POV

A short chappie 🙊

*

Today, we would be flying back to New York.

Me, Riley, Dennis and Leonardo would be going in my private plane.

I hated the fact that Leo would be following us but he wouldn't agree to come on his own even though I vouched to get him his ticket and cover all other expenses.

I got into the car with Riley and ordered the driver to start the car before Leo could get closer to us, hearing him shout profanities as we drove off.

He would have to follow Dennis since there was no need to bring his own car along to the airport.

Riley scooted farther from me so that there was enough space for one more person to sit between us then she plugged in her earpiece and totally ignored me.

What was up with her?

After the party three nights ago, I noticed she'd suddenly become quiet.

And even Ingrid told me she hard no idea what was wrong with her. She suggested that maybe Riley was missing her friends, the niubbos. Most of them had been assigned ti their carious positions and only about two would be joining the men at New York. Maybe she was sad that she would miss them.

When we got to the airport, our details had already been prepared we'd been checked in, so we just went straight to my plane and climbed in.

Riley took the seat behind me, her earpiece still plugged in her ears as she listened to a song so loudly that I could also hear the female singer screaming about something.

Leo took the seat at the other side, then he dropped his bag and came to sit beside me.

My glare made him pull back a little but he chuckled and nudged his head sideways.

He wiggled his brows but I couldn't understand what he was trying to do.

"What?" I asked him, not willing to talk to anyone at this time.

"Riley. What's wrong with her?" He asked.

For the first time ever, I felt like I should tell him what I knew because this was the first time Riley was like this, acting so withdrawn around me and I had no idea how to deal with that.

She didn't even say her usual 'hi' or smile at me. It was confusing.

"I don't know what's wrong with her. She has been like this since the party." I told him solemnly.

"Really? That's unlike her. Did you try to talk to her?"

"She acted as if I didn't even exist."

He frowned and drummed his fingers on his lips, his expression concentrated on whatever was going on in his mind.

"Did you do anything to her?"

"When?"

"I mean, did you scold her or shout at her?"

I shook my head. "No? I've never even shouted at her before."

"After the party, was there any interaction between you two?"

"No. Not even once."

"Wow. This is serious. That means you did something to her. She acted cold towards me this morning and the Riley I know could be wary of someone but she would never intentionally act cold to someone that didn't offend her. From what I know, women behave this way either when they're having a severe mood swing or when their boyfriend upsets them. They take it out on everyone."