12

Word count:

Riley's POV

*

Pull ups, planks, swimming, jumping past obstacles higher than my waist, I was getting good at them all.

But I knew I still had a very long way to go. I'd once snuck in on Dennis while he was at the shooting range. That was in my third week of training. Well, technically I'd snuck in on him since I was touring the mansion, which I was now getting more familiar with, by the way.

He'd pointed a gun in my head the moment I creeped up on him from behind but after I screamed, he knew I was the one and immediately dragged me out of there. But after stalking him around the mansion for a whole day and looking glum, let's just say I got to convince him to teach me how to use a gun.

I mean, what if I was held at gun point and needed to grab the gun from my attacker? I was also being trained how to fight now. Courtesy of master Kim.

But after learning how to fight, after grabbing the gun, then what would I do with it when I didn't even know how to use one? All these explanations had helped me convince Dennis that I needed to know how to handle one.

And so my whole day, in each of the several weeks I'd spent practicing had been full of learning. Exercising first, then dance lessons, yoga, swimming, a bit of Kung Fu, then shooting, then sleeping and eating like crazy, then burning off fat the next morning.

Three months.

But I now needed to take a break. Because the beast had assured me he would take me somewhere, I believed he was a man of his word.

Also Keanu just left my room, confirming we'd indeed be leaving this mansion soon. He didn't give me a date but that didn't mean I was any less happier with any decision made.

*

As in previous times, I got out of bed at five am, freshened up, changed into work clothes and went to begin my daily rituals, getting lost in them for three hours straight and blatantly ignoring the constant teasings and pick-up lines of Dax, the gym instructor.

I'd just showered and was having breakfast minutes after training when Keanu approached me and took a seat at the dining. Something that had never happened!

The toast I'd just began munching on was still stuck in my throat and I eyed him with wide, inquisitive eyes in his brown leather jacket and blue jeans. From his looks, he'd woken up far earlier, or he probably never even slept.

"Riley. How have you been?" He casually asked, leaning on the table and eyeing my breakfast which consisted of toast, bacon and a glass of juice.

"Good, hi." I cleared my throat.

"Just like I told you three days ago, the date has been confirmed. So we'll be leaving... today." He told me with excitement visible in his eyes even though he still looked as always.

"Oh. Uhm, I've never actually gone anywhere before so I don't have a passport and I should've mentioned it earlier on bu-"

"That has all been arranged. Along with your clothes, female accessories and any other thing you might probably need."

I beamed. I freaking beamed. All the things I'd been using here, including my phone and every female necessity were things I never imagined I'd have. Even in my wildest dreams, I couldn't have come up with this kind of simple yet sophisticated lifestyle. Designer shorts, shoes, bags (even though I had nowhere to go since I was still on witness protection) they were all a girl could dream of possessing and more! They even processed my traveling arrangements without me having to do a thing. This would've cost a fortune but I had it all in one go. Amazing!