08

Word count:

Riley's POV

*

Three hours had passed since I sat here and anticipated his return. He was supposed to take me out and I had gotten dressed in a knee-length blue dress with silver embroideries and black gladiator heels for it. I missed wearing heels and felt that it would be good for me to try them on.

I even applied a bit of make-up and curled my hair to fit my dressing perfectly. I took some pictures on Snapchat, pouting and posing for several snaps before checking the time again.

Disappointment washed over me as I discovered the two hands just struck seven. Where could we go at seven PM when he wasn't even around to discuss it with yet?

He gave me his word but it was just mere, empty words. My shoulders slumped and I puffed air through my lips, finally accepting defeat.

I looked down at my hands and smoothed the hem of the dress, clearing invisible wrinkles on it.

Heaving a sigh at my pathetic self, I shrugged and plugged my earpiece in, deciding to just play some songs I recently downloaded and wallow in defeat at my helpless state. The WiFi in the mansion was always on and thanks to the slanted handwritten instructions in the white paper folded in the phone case, I got to know the password.

I opened Instagram and started searching for some world famous chefs to pass time. What marvelled me was always the delight, the happiness emitting off them in their cooking videos to me, the viewer. They loved what they were doing, because it was clearly written all over their faces and I wished I would get to do what I loved as well.

Live a happy life and be able to always cook whatever I wanted at all times. It would be quite beautiful if I could also get to serve people food made by me and receive honest opinions from them.

I heaved a sigh and kept saving the pictures I loved in my gallery, bobbing my head to J'coles Motivate.

"Riley!"

Startled, I almost jumped out of my skin when I heard the yell. I pulled off my earplugs and looked towards the passage leading to the door.

Keanu was standing there with some men, his face expressionless as usual.

"Hey. You're back." I got up and pulled down my blue knee lenght silver embroidery dress, watching him stare at me with a certain look I couldn't pin point.

"Yes, as you can see. What are you doing?" He moved closer to me and I observed his graceful movements.

He was in fitted wine colored suit, with pure white shirt peeking underneath. His silver pointed shoe was shiny despite the fact that he'd obviously been out all day.

"I was just listening to some music." I frowned and tried to clear my erratic beating heart. Why had he yelled my name that way?

He nodded at me. "You like your phone?"

I nodded and smiled despite the disappointment that hadn't quite left me because he didn't get to take me out. "Yes. Thank you once again for getting me the phone."

"You're welcome. Beast ordered it though, I merely delivered it so you should thank him too." He eyed my head as if there was something on it. He was so tall, I literally had to look up at him all the time. The beast was a little taller than him though, and more physically built.

"Oh." I looked away. So it was the beast that got me the new phone. Did Dennis tell him about the phone that fell into the toilet seat?

Or did he just not want me to be bored sitting in the room all day?