44

2 months later

Riley's POV

*

"I'd like to resume my classes." I told Beast one morning.

A part of me had intended to be rebellious and not tell him anything but when I contacted my academic administrator, he told me my guardian had instructed them that I couldn't resume just yet.

Wasn't he being too much?

At least it wasn't like I was going for physical classes. All I had to do was attend the classes on my laptop and also do some assignments.

Beast adjusted the cuff of his shirt, walking away from his, no 'our' closet and walking around the king size bed to peck my lips.

"You can't resume school yet. Your shoulder still hasn't been healed so you can't start writing anything yet. I'm going to work and I'll attend some meetings but I should be back before nine PM, be a good girl okay?"

"But I can't just keep delaying my studies. We already resumed since two weeks ago and also, the pain in my shoulder has greatly reduced." I pursed my lips in indignation.

Asking the same question was already getting tiring.

"Alright baby, let's discuss this extensively when I get back. Also, I need to see your time table but that's for later. Let's talk later okay? I've increased the AC so you can wrap up like a cute rabbit." He told me with a straight face and in a monotonous voice, wrapping the duvet over my body so only my head was visible. I stared at him, dumbfounded. His words and actions were somehow sweet but the way he spoke was just too monotonous.

Anyway, what did I expect? I wasn't dating a regular man but a mafia leader. I liked him however he was.

I nodded and he pecked my forehead gently before leaving the room.

After the accident, I felt weak for several days and didn't really feel like doing much because my whole body was aching. Obviously, I automatically started staying in Beast's room because he wouldn't let me move an inch out of his sight.

Every morning, Leo would bring someone to check up on me. A pretty female doctor who never seemed to stop smiling.

Five days after the accident, they took me out for several private tests and those tests and physical examinations were so rigorous that it felt like I was a specimen being inspected for some virus. Beast was always the one to carry me out of the house and into the car. Also on getting to the facility, he would keep asking the medical practitioners checking me several questions while his serious gaze remained on me as if I would disappear if he looked away.

Leo later explained the result of the tests to me but I couldn't understand much due to the medical jargon he stated. What I understood though, was that I'd gotten a broken rib and my shoulder bone had almost been dislocated due to the effect of the Saw and the amount of beatings I got from that man.

I heaved a sigh, knowing I would spend today surfing the net again or just reading a novel.

I took my bathe because I could now do it without the help of a maid and then put on a black dress, adding some lipstick so I wouldn't look too plain. Then I resumed watching a romantic movie on Netflix.

In the afternoon, Amelia visited.

And she made a dramatic entrance. She stormed right into Beast's room, screaming some curse words.

When she stopped cursing to search for someone or basically 'me', I almost laughed at her ridiculousness.

I gave her a look and she laughed sheepishly.