FORTY-EIGHT

Jack's POV

I let out another exasperated groan as I struggled to tie my tie for this wedding ceremony.

Whenever I need help, Gabby usually does it, but I guess I have to look up how to do It on YouTube or something.

I heard a knock on the door.

"Yes?" I called.

"Jack, hurry up, our uber is waiting outside!" Sadie yelled from the other side of the door.

"Ok, I'll be out in a second." I rolled my eyes as I dropped each end of my tie so it hung around my neck and slipped on my shoes.

I put on my sunglasses and grabbed my phone and wallet before rushing out of the room and meeting Sadie in the hallway.

"Are you ready?" She asked as I closed my door behind me.

"Yeah, lets go."

We walked down the hall to the elevator together, in silence.

"Do you need help with your tie?" She asked as we stepped into the elevator.

"I think I can figure it out." I insisted as I struggled to tie it in front of her.

She watched me, humored as I struggled.

"Here, let me help," She said as she took a step closer to me

"No, I got it." I took a step back and I looped both end of the tie around each other, creating a knot.

"Jack, stop being a baby and let me help you." She stepped in front of me again and grabbed my tie so she could do it for me. She took her time taking out the knot and re-tying it perfectly.

The elevator doors opened as she began to step away from me and I followed her out, adjusting my tie and collar.

"Thank you." I said lowly.

"Youre welcome, Jack. See, I'm not so bad, am I?"

I rolled my eyes and continued to follow her out into the Uber.

-

Before the ceremony itself, Me, Sadie and some of the other guests who were close to the bride and groom were scheduled to take pictures together. I reluctantly agreed to go because it's not like I could decline anyways.

We took group photos and some people took individuals, but now everyone was doing couples pictures. Some couples kissed, held hands, wrapped their arms around each other.

"Jack and Sadie." The photographer called, which caught me out of my daze. We were at the Palace of Fine Arts and were taking pictures in front of the actual site, on a small pathway. I couldn't take my eyes off of the swans in the water, the beautiful reflection of the sky and trees that the water created, or the actual structure itself.

I walked up to the spot on the path where everyone else took their pictures and stood next to Sadie. I shoved my hands in my pockets and stood close to her as she posed however she was posing.

"You guys look like you hate each other, put your arm around her or kiss her or something." The photographer said.

"Oh we're not togeth—"

"Yeah, you look like you two are at a middle school dance." Someone else joked and I let out a sigh and reluctantly wrapped my arm around her torso and moved in a little closer to me. She put one hand on my back as she put the other one on my chest, like we were actually taking couples photos. I rolled my eyes under my sunglasses and let out a deep sigh again.