NINETEEN

Tuesday morning- A week later

I jolted awake as Jack's loud alarm went off and immediately let out a groan as I realized that it was only his alarm.

I looked over at him to see him still peacefully sleeping. His alarms always seem to disturb my slumber instead of his so I don't even know why he tries with the loud alarms anymore.

"Jack, wake up. You have to catch your flight." I shook his shoulder, causing him to stir awake.

He let out a groan as he turned the alarm clock off and rubbed his eyes.

"But I'm so tired." He yawned.

"That's too bad, you can sleep on the plane, but you have to get up now. You know the airport is always crowded."

"I don't even want to go," He mumbled while sitting up and hanging his legs over the side of the bed "this whole trip is probably going to be.. bullshit." He muttered while standing up and walking to our closet.

I couldn't help but to let out a slight laugh.

"Why are you so upset? It should be fun." I asked.

"I'm not upset, I'm just tired."

I could hear his hangers clink together as he tried to find a suit to wear for today, so I laid back down and rested my eyes, waiting for Jack to get ready so I could take him to work.

-

"Gabby, we have to go," Jack slightly nudged me "I have to be at the airport by 7."

I opened my eyes to see Jack standing next to the bed with his satchel slung over his shoulder, along with a small suitcase beside him.

"Just let me put on my shoes and I'll be down there in a second." I yawned while sitting up as he started waking out of the room.

I slipped on a pair of Vans to go along with the sweat pants and t-shirt I was already wearing, then headed downstairs.

As I walked to the car, I noticed that Jack was sitting in the driver's seat, on his phone. I didn't hesitate to climb into the passenger's side and take this as my chance to get some more sleep.

"Seatbelt." He said while setting his phone down, earning a groan from me.

"Gabby, please put on your seatbelt so we can go. I'm not moving until you do." He looked over at me.

I lazily buckled myself in, and as soon as he heard the click, he started backing out of the driveway.

As I was dozing off, I felt him take my hand into his and interlock our fingers.

-

I felt the car being shifted into park, waking me up from my short nap.

When I looked over, Jack was unbuckling himself from his seatbelt and grabbing his phone and charger.

I looked around to see which drop-off area we were at, but my eyes immediately landed on a small group of two men and a woman dressed in business casual attire, also getting themselves situated outside of the airport.

"Are you going to help me out or just switch places with me?" He asked while opening up the car door.

"Is that them?" I motioned to the small group of people, ignoring the question.

"Yeah, why?" He got out of the car.

"I can't get out looking like this. I look like a bum." I whined.

"Babe, no one cares. It's 7AM." He said then shut the car door.

I looked back at the group and watched as they waved at him while he walked around to the trunk to receive his luggage.

I let out a sigh in exasperation as I got out of the car, revealing myself to the group and walked over to Jack who was putting his bag over his shoulder.

"Have a safe flight." I gave him a small smile before he kissed my lips.

"I will," he wrapped his arms around me "And I'll be back Thursday afternoon."

"Ok, and remember what I told you. Watch your drinks." I said playfully as he released from the hug and handed me the car keys while extending the handle on his carry-on.

"I will," He playfully rolled his eyes and began to walk towards the airport "And I love you and will text you when I land." He looked back and flashed me a smile.

Let's hope this trip goes accordingly.

-

I literally wrote two whole chapters today, so the last author's note was irrelevant lol