ELEVEN

Jack's POV

I was sitting through a meeting, thinking about the argument Gabby and I got in yesterday.

We both ended up leaving our day off at an argument. She left the house and went for a long walk then came home and didn't really speak to me much after that.

We've had disagreements over the years, but never something like this. We live together and I haven't even talked to her since yesterday.

I don't know what happened but the communication between us has never been bad.

Sadie slightly nudged me with her foot, and when I looked up at her, she motioned at the person speaking with her eyes.

I snapped out of it and finally started paying attention, realizing that this was really starting to affecting my work.

-

I was exiting the meeting when I felt a presence beside me.

"Were you ok in there? You seemed distracted?" I looked over and saw Sadie.

"Yeah, I'm all good. There's just.. some stuff going on. But, I'm all good now." I nodded my head.

"If you need to talk about it, I'm always here to listen. I don't have to just be your colleague. Consider me a friend too." She smiled.

"That's great to know," I chuckled.

"A few of the other people who work with us and I were all thinking of getting drinks tonight. Do you want to come? Maybe you can socialize and make new friends at the office." She suggested.

"That sounds great," I nodded my head "Can Mark come?" I asked.

"Yeah, he can come too." She hesitantly nodded her head.

"Great. This should be fun." I put my hands in my pockets.

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket and immediately took it out, hoping it was a text from Gabby.

I see you two really hitting it off ;)- Mark

I looked back to see Mark looking at me with a smirk on his face, causing me to roll my eyes at him and turn back around.

Fuck off, I'm married- Jack

I sent my text to him and turned my phone off.

Gabby's POV

"I know, but I just don't know what to do." I groaned into the phone as I parked in the driveway.

I was on the phone with my friend Lia, who actually ended up marrying Jack Johnson.

I walked to the mailbox to grab the mail then walked to the front door, opening it and going inside.

"I've been so stressed lately between Hayes' fucking letters, work, Jack and I haven't even talked today, and I just found out that Hayes is getting out of jail in two months." I said as I kicked off my shoes and went to the kitchen.

"Woah, what?" She asked.

"Yeah, he was supposed to get out in like six months." I plopped the mail down onto the island and headed upstairs. I didn't want to know if there was another letter because I really didn't care.

"Is that even allowed?" She asked.

"Yeah, sometimes inmates can get reduced jail time for good behavior and shit." I rolled my eyes.

"But enough about me," I put my phone on speaker and plopped it down on my bed "How are you? I feel like I haven't talked to you in like a week."

"I'm doing good. Johnson and I find out the gender of the baby next week." I could hear the excitement in her voice.