SEVENTY

Jack's POV

I woke up to a sharp pain shooting down my right leg and immediately winced in pain.

"Fuck." I groaned, but my voice was hoarse and my throat felt like I had swallowed glass.

"Thank God you're finally awake." I heard my mom's voice next to me.

I opened my eyes to see a room full of people surrounding me. My dad, my mom holding Drew, Gabby's parents, Lia and Johnson were all sitting around me.

"Where's Gabby?" I asked, my voice still sounded like gravel.

Gabby's mom immediately broke down and it was obvious that something was wrong.

"Oh God," I groaned as I felt dread take over me. What did he do to her?

"Where is she?" My voice got worse as I felt a lump in my throat and tears threaten to leave my eyes.

Everyone around me looked hopeless and stared at me as I looked around the room, waiting for an answer.

"Is she dead?" My voice cracked, as I struggled to get those words out.

"No, no. She's not dead." Lia shook her head at me as she fought back tears. She held her and Johnson's kid close to her chest as she spoke.

"Is she in the hospital? Is she hurt too?" I asked.

"No, Jack, we dont know where she is." My dad said with a sorry look on his face.

"What do you mean you dont know where she is?" My eyebrows furrowed "You have to know where she is. She was at the house with me."

"The police said they only found you and Drew." He spoke again.

"The police?" I raised my voice slightly "What the fuck happened?"

"Jack!" My mom raised her voice right back at me, motioning to the two babies in the room.

"Sorry, but what happened?"

"We don't know." She answered.

"Well, what do the police know?"

"They wanted to talk to you more about that. I think they're still here. Jack Johnson, would you mind going and getting them please?" My mom looked at Johnson who was leaning against a wall as Lia sat in a chair beside my bed.

As Johnson went to go find them, the room was silent again. Everyone seemed to be pitiful and I still didn't fully understand why.

Drew seemed to be awake and unphased as he cluelessly looked around at everyone and sucked on his pacifier.

As we all sat in silence, the door opened back up and Johnson entered the room with two police officers following behind him..

"Hi again, everyone," The first police officer waved to everyone "And hi Mr. Gilinsky. How are you feeling?" She asked.

"Like shit." I rested my head back on the pillow behind me.

"We're so sorry to hear that. Are you willing to answer a few questions for us?"

"Yeah, I can do that."

"Great." The female officer smiled at me, then turned to everyone else in the room

"If I can just ask you all to please step out while we ask these questions?"

Everyone compiled before they pulled over the chairs my mom and Lia were sitting in and sat down next to the bed themselves.

"I guess my first question is, what do you recall happening last night?" She asked.

"I don't remember much," I shook my head "I kind of remember sitting in the hot tub with my wife and getting pushed down into the hot tub, but that's it."