THIRTEEN

I was sitting in my office, texting Jack since Ms. Neil had to cancel our meeting last-second.

I don't usually meet with clients this frequently, but she insisted that we meet often to discuss the details of her situation and overall case.

I have an extended lunch break. You should meet me somewhere so we can get something to eat :) -Gabby

How does 1:00 sound? I'll pick you up.- Jack

I will be ready by then :D- Gabby

I set my phone down and logged into my laptop.

I've been looking into filing a restraining order against Hayes for Jack and I before he's released from prison. I really want to take this time to talk about it with Jack as well as just spend time with him.

-

I waited outside of my firm when Jack's black Jeep pulled up next to me, and I opened the door, greeted by Jack's smile.

"Hey, babe," he said as I climbed in.

"Hey," I leaned over and gave him a peck on the lips.

"How's your day been so far?" He began to pull off as I buckled my seatbelt in.

"It's been good, and you?" I asked.

"It's been fine. I'm glad you asked to have lunch with me though. I enjoy taking a break from work to spend time with you." He rested his hand on my thigh.

"Me too. We should do this more often." I blushed.

I looked down at his console so I could try to find his aux cord, but my eyes immediately landed on a small tube of red, strawberry scented Victoria's Secret lip gloss.

I don't wear lip glosses with vibrant color, I usually just stick to clear lip gloss. And I usually stick with beauty supply store brands, not Victoria Secret.

I paused for a second, then picked it up. 

"Jack?" I asked.

"Mhm?" He was still focused on the road.

"What's this?" I asked while holding it up for him to see.

He glanced over for a second then looked back at the road "Lip stuff?" He asked in a questioning tone.

"Yeah, but I don't own any lip gloss like this. Who's is it?" I asked.

"Ohh, Sadie must have left it in here from yesterday."

"Oh." I couldn't help but wonder why she would need to apply it to her lips, then set it in the cup holder.

I stopped myself as I noticed how insecure and jealous my thoughts had gotten. I trust him enough to know that nothing went down, and that's what I kept reminding myself.

We stayed silent for the remainder of the short car ride, but I couldn't get my mind off of it.

-

We were sitting down at Qdoba as I went on about the restraining order business, talking him through the process and judge's discretion.

"So, I did have a good idea." He smirked.

"What?" I asked.

"When I brought it up, you were kind of dismissive of the idea." He sat back in his chair with the same smirk on his face.

"No, you just thought a restraining order was going to act as a force field and I refuted that point." I slightly laughed.

"No I did not, I just made the suggestion cause it seems to help, along with another investment I still think we should make." He looked down at his lap.