FIFTY-NINE

As soon as I arrived home, I walked straight to Jack and I's office with my arms full of the CD's, cassette tapes, and the lingerie that was missing from my wardrobe. I dropped them onto my desk, resulting in some falling on the floor, making an annoyingly loud crashing sound.

"Gabby," I heard Jack draw out my name as he shouted it from upstairs.

I slightly rolled my eyes because I know for a fact that he's going to be nosey, and the last thing I want is an interrogation from someone who's as high as giraffe ass.

"Hey Jack, what do you need?" I yelled back as I gathered the fallen tapes and CD's, and began to scoop up my thongs and throw them in the trashcan on the other side of my desk.

"You're home!" I heard his fast footsteps come down the stairs as I bent down to pick up the remaining tapes on the ground. The door swung open as I stood back up and I looked back to see Jack with different clothes than he had on earlier, which consisted of a white t-shirt and grey sweatpants.

"You're high!" I said with just as much enthusiasm as him.

"Barely," he playfully scoffed as he walked towards me with his arms out, ready to embrace me in a hug.

When he wrapped his arms around me, I was hit with a subtle weed smell. I wrapped my arms around him as well and he rocked us back and forth.

"What are all these?" He said while leaning over and picking one up from the desk.

"They are tapes and CD's," I said while releasing from the hug and gently taking it from his hand so I could set it back down "What have you been up to today?" I asked while setting the ones from my hands down as well and turning my full attention to him then wrapping my arms around his torso.

"I started watching Law and Order. Now I know why you're so into it." He seemed very happy and smiley right now.

"Can I watch it with you?" I asked, trying not to break the eye contact with him so he wouldn't ask about anything else.

I felt a slight movement in his pants, and when I realized what it was I noticed him blushing and smiling too hard "Netflix and chill?" He raised his eyebrows.

"I knew you dressed like a whore today for something." I playfully shook my head at him.

"A whore?" He laughed.

"Yes, the grey sweatpants? The tight ass shirt? You knew what you were doing." I said as I began to walk past him.

He laughed in response again and when I looked back at him, his focus was back on the items on my desk.

"You coming?" I asked.

"I haven't seen cassette tapes in so long." He said while reaching down to grab one again.

"My feet are starting to hurt so I'm gonna head upst—"

"Where did you say you went again?" He asked while picking up and setting down more.

"I had to run some errands." I said from the doorway.

"And the errands were to pick up cassette tapes and CD's?" He looked back at me with a confused expression on his face.

"No, I just brought them back."

"So, did you go to Goodwill or somehing?"

"No, I picked them up from someone's house."

"Who's house was it?" He asked while opening up one of the CD cases.

"Hayes'," I muttered, almost inaudible "But I'm so tired so I'm going to head up—"