The Music competition

April's POV.
I woke up earlier then my alarm clock; 6:13 AM. We were meant to wake up at 6:30, but who cares? The Competition was at 9:00 am, so we had lots of time. I heard Jax snoring in the room next to me and I heard Netty's heavy breathing in the next room. I had absolutely no idea what to do, until I remembered the practise that I did with Netty last night. I grabbed a sword and a bow and went to the post office. I got to the place that I trained with Netty and practised the moves that she taught me. "You're getting good!" Netty said, leaning against a tree behind me. "Thanks. I think I'm getting the hang of this!" I replied. "You are!" She agreed.

"But I think I should point out that it's almost 6:30 and if we're late, you won't be able to perform!" She continued, making a storm of butterflies appear in my stomach. "Oh..yeah.." I answered. We walked back to the house together where we saw everyone standing outside the door, having a group meeting...sort of. "Where's Tom?" Netty asked. "He said he'll meet us there." Squid replied, turning around to face me and Netty. "Okay. Shall we get going?" She asked me. "Yeah, let me just put my sword and bow away." I said, walking into the house. "April! Wait!" Jax shouted, grabbing my arm. "Yeah?"
"Keep them. The weapons I mean."
"Why?"
" Don't worry about why, it's just in case, you know." He let go of my arm, grabbed my hand and pulled me back to the group.

"So, what are we waiting for? Let's go! Netty looked up where we have to go, so lead the way!" Squid said happily. I felt a knot in my stomach. I really didn't want to embarrass my self, especially in front of people from other worlds.
-----------
Jax's POV
"I'm so scared Lee." I said. Since we started practise, I was really close with Lee and I was really close with Ash since the beginning. "You'll do fine! You and April are amazing together." He replied. "No! About the note." I corrected. "Oh. Don't worry about that. I'll be behind the curtains on the side of the stage with Ash so we can rush onto the stage if there is an emergency." He explained. I felt my stomach calm down a little bit.

"Thanks, Lee. There is something I need to tell someone... and that person is you." I said. "What is it?" He asked. "I think I like April. Like, like like. Does that make sense?" I asked. "So you love April?" He asked mischievously. "Yeah..." I replied. "Well that's great!" He smiled. I was glad that he was so accepting.

Time Skip to when they arrive at the Music Competition is brought to you by sqampylove for writing amazing books and for being supportive to anyone writing a book.

"Whoa! This place is amazing!" April laughed. We were at the Music Competition and the building was massive! It had a big sign at the front saying 'Annual Music Competition'. "What's the time?" I asked Ash. "8:45." he replied. "15 minutes to spare! Awesome!" Salem laughed. We walked into the lobby and walked up to reception. "Hi, we are Here for the music competition." Stampy said to the receptionist. "If you'd like to go through that door, turn left and left again, it should take you backstage." She replied. "Great, thanks!" Stampy said. We all followed the directions, and we found backstage. Oh boy, it was crowded! "How are we meant to move around?" Squid joked. "Find the dressing room! That will be empty." Lee said. We all tried to make our way to find the dressing room, but I'm this environment, it was either shove, or be shoved.

Eventually, we found the room with our names on it. I opened the door and we all literally fell through the door frame. I crawled out from the bottom of the pile and stood up. April was also at the bottom, so I grabbed her hand and pulled her out, whacking my guitar with my elbow after. "Ow." I laughed. "You okay?" She asked. "Yeah, don't worry about it." I replied. I looked properly around the room and it was amazing. The walls were painted red, there was a red couch at the back of the room and a dressing table at the front.

"This is a pretty cool dressing room." Amy laughed. Everyone agreed. "Shall we practise one more time?" April asked. "Sure, if you want." She answered. We started singing with all our friends in the room. I could tell April was embarrassed, but soon we were going to sing in front of 1000 people. Maybe even more. When we finished singing, all our friends clapped. I couldn't help but smile. I put my guitar on my back and we just started talking. You know, like any friends would do. Then the door opened and a girl wearing a headset and holding a clipboard poked her head around the corner.