The Adventure

Ash's POV
I looked at the clock; Midnight. I packed a sword, a bow, arrows in my quiver, compass and a map. I tiptoed out of my room and along the corridor, trying to avoid waking anybody up. But I knew that luck wasn't on my side when I tripped over my laces right outside Jax's room. Luckily, I put my hands out in front of me to break my fall and to stop noises. I almost cursed under my breath when I heard footsteps coming from Squid's room, which was opposite Jax's room. I froze and waited. The footsteps got closer to the door and then stopped. The footsteps started again and got quieter as Squid got back into bed. I tied up my laces to avoid me falling tripping again.

I got up and tiptoed faster towards April's room. I gently knocked on the door and opened it. April was sitting on the floor with her bow and sword biting her nails. I closed the door quietly and sat down next to her. "You okay? You seem really nervous." I asked, putting my arm around her comfortingly. "I am. It's not every day you go on a mission like this." She said in a whisper. "Call it mission impossible. Not because it's impossible to complete, but because it's impossible to think of. Maybe." I assured her, making her giggle a little bit. She took her finger away from her mouth and stood up, taking her bow and sword. "Let's go. We can't spend any more time sitting around doing nothing anymore." She said.

I nodded, stood up and took some arrows from the chest next to her bed. "You're gonna need these you know." I joked, handing her the arrows. She laughed a little bit and gratefully took the arrows from my hands. I turned off the lights, grabbed April's wrist and shut the door quietly behind us. Once April's eyes adjusted to the darkness, I let go of her wrist and we tiptoed along the corridor, trying not to wake anybody up. When we got to the door, it was darker than usual.

"What do you think has happened?" I asked as I quietly shut the door. "I-I'm not entirely sure, but I think that it's got something to do with our powers. Probably not. I mean, something weird only happened to my powers once, and that was just before my 10th birthday." April explained. I took out my compass and waited for the arrows to stop.

"Which way is the base? North, South, East or West?" I asked. "North. I remember HTT said something about going South to get Netty and Amy." April replied. We started walking north, following the compass and talking about various things when something April said stopped me in my tracks.

"I thought that HTT kept respawning." She said. Something in the back of my mind told me what to say next. "No. There is a device of some sort that keeps giving him the chance to respawn. If we destroy it, then he only has as much chance as us to respawn. I think it's called the Resserector or something like that. It's a really bad name." I explained. "Yeah, it is." She agreed. We kept walking for about 3 more minutes when something made April gasp in surprise.

I looked up from the compass to see a nether brick castle that sent shivers down my spine. There were red turrets on the top that were set on fire, and iron bars on the floor built into the bottom of the castle. "There it is." April sighed. I put the compass back in my bag and we started walking towards the building. "Whatever happens in there, stay close. You never know what could be lurking behind those corners." I warned, looking around in case anyone heard me. "Okay..but what if I can't find you and I run into trouble?" April asked. "Yell my name. It won't matter because if you're in trouble, there will already be enemies around you. But be sure to yell loud and clear." I explained. She nodded as we approached the door of the castle. I quietly opened the door to let us in before closing it again. As soon as I stepped in, I felt the evil in the air.

"er...Ash? Do you know where you're going?" April asked, as we were tiptoeing through the dark corridors. It was then I actually did know. I know, I have never been here before...Or have I? "Yes. It's le-" I was cut off by the sound of booming music coming out of nowhere. And by nowhere, I mean the room above us. "LET'S PARTY AND CELEBRATE OUR EPIC PLAN THAT WILL TAKE PLACE TOMORROW!" The loudspeaker boomed. I recognised the voice as Hit The Targets. I shot April a come-with-me-I've-found-something look. She nodded and we tiptoed towards the stairs that were to our left. As we were walking up the stairs, we saw disco lights flashing now and again. I was very confused. We walked towards the door with the lights and crouched. I peered around the corner and saw HTT and Damian dancing. Not together, but just like you would do at a party. They looked like they didn't want to be disturbed, but something caught my eye in the corner of the room. In a glass case there was a blue shining thing that looked like a spaceship; The Resserector. (Once again stupid name, isn't it?)

I nudged April a little bit and pointed to the glass case. "It seems a bit risky, don't you think?" She whispered. "You gotta risk it for a biscuit, and right now, the Resserector is the biscuit." I replied. I peered around the corner again and saw crowds of Zombies and Skeletons. "This should be easy enough." I muttered.

"Stay here, I'll tell your name if there's any trouble over there. You yell mine if there's any trouble over here." I explained. April nodded and I moved into the room. Still crouched, I dodged all of the groups of drunk zombies and skeletons, before I reached the glass case. I let out a huge sigh of relief. I reached for my sword, when a jet of red light came out of my hand. It smashed a glass jug, making water spill everywhere. I ducked under the bar that was behind me, hoping that nobody heard it over the music. I heard footsteps approach the counter and they walked over to the Resserecter. I recognised the cape to me HTT'S. He began walking back to the party when he stopped and drew his sword and put it to my neck.

"You can't hide from me, Ash. And after this stunt, you're in danger." He growled, pushing the sword closer to my neck. I was frozen in this position.

What about April? I didn't hear her call my name.
--------------------
Hey, guys! Sorry for the late chapter! Just a heads up, the next chapter will be April's POV from when Ash said he would risk it for a biscuit.