1| GLASSES

Ethan's pov

I opened the door to the shop, a small ringing sounded, letting everyone know I was here.

I looked around the restaurant. It was a small family owned business nearly on the edge of town.

I was one of the only employees there that wasn't related to Marty, the owner. I was more like a family friend and Marty was gracious enough to hire me after I dropped out of college.

Hunter, Marty's son, walked up to me. "Late again, Nestor." He teased, handing me a broom.

"Only by," I checked my watch, wincing, "..ten minutes."

Hunter scoffed and shook his head, walking off to the back to start preparing food.

I quickly swept up the place and cleaned up any trash that I saw.

After the eating area was clean, I went to the back to put on my name tag since the restaurant opened up in a few minutes.

Some people were already waiting in the parking lot.

^^^

"Alright, I'm out of here." I told Marty in the back room, grabbing my bag from the rack.

The sun was starting to set now and everyone was getting ready to leave.

"Thank again, Ethan!"

I nodded, walking out of the restaurant and walking up to my car.

Before I go home I like to stop at the cafe downtown.

My good friend, Rose, worked there and I stopped by after work to talk to her.

Walking into the cafe, I instantly saw her cleaning down one of the tables with a cloth.

"Howdy!" She said, leaving the rag on the table and approaching me.

"You're here later than usual."

"Yeah, I took an extra shift. Need the cash, y'know?"

She nodded, "well wanna help a gal out?" She asked, gesturing to the broom up against the wall

I grabbed it, sweeping up the crumbs on the floor.

"So you're headed home after this?" Rose asked, resuming her cleaning.

"Yeah, hopefully Tyler's not asleep. I'd hate to wake him up."

"You could stay with me, y'know. I could use help around the house." She said jokingly.

I stuck my tongue out at her, "I'm not a butler, Rose."

She laughed slightly.

"Yeah, yeah. In all seriousness though..you could move in with me if you wanted. It's a little cramped but it'll do. You can't crash at Tyler's forever." She said as I emptied my dustpan into the trashcan.

"Thanks for the offer but you already live with two other people. I think I'll look for my own place. Plus," I put the broom away. "Tyler loves me."

Rose scoffed, "he deals with you."

"Ouch," I said as I put the broom back.

"Alright I think I'm going to head home. I need a shower."  I said, giving her a small hug.

"Yeah that and a bed. Good night, Ethan."

"Night!"

^^^

It wasn't a super long ride from the restaurant to Tyler's place, where I was staying until I could get my own place.

After a good ten minute ride, I pulled up to Tyler's house. I was a little surprised to see a black car next to Tyler's white one. It looked pretty expensive now that I was really looking at it.