23| SEAN

Ethan's pov

Mark and I sat on the couch in a comfortable silence, just watching TV and thinking.

Mark's head was in my lap while I mindlessly played with his hair.

I couldn't stop thinking about what we were going to do at the end if the week. We were going to get rid of Dark for good.

Celine said she knew exactly what to do and she was completely sure it would work.

She gave us a small run down of what she was going to do, but for the most part we still had no idea.

I was nervous but excited for Mark. He could finally go out and do stuff without worrying if Dark was going to mess with him or not.

"I was only able to get Friday and Saturday off..are you okay with being here alone?" I said to Mark.

I couldn't tell if he was awake or not because his eyes were closed.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. Celine's going to come over tomorrow and take a look at the rose to see if it'll interfere with the exorcism." Mark said, opening his eyes to look at me.

"Oh yeah did you ever tell Sean about what's going on? I'm sure he'll want to know."

Mark closed his eyes again.

"Mark did you really not tell him?" I said, poking him in his side.

"I don't want to tell him cause I know he's going to freak out about it. Sean's been really...irritable recently." Mark said, sitting up.

"I noticed that too actually. He's been kind of weird. Like hiding something weird."

Mark nodded, "that's why I don't want to tell him..but you're right. Plus, he's stuck with me through all of this so he at least deserves to know."

"Maybe we can tell him over dinner? I can find something good to cook." I suggested.

"Yeah, that's a good idea."

I watched as Mark reached for his phone and clicked on Sean's contact.

Mark's pov

I clicked on Sean's contact, hearing it ring for a moment before he answered.

I could hear water running in the background, as well as this clinking sound like metal against glass.

"Mark?"

"Hey, Sean I need to tell you something and I was wondering if you'd want to come over for dinner?"

It was quiet on the other end for a second.

"Okay, I'll be there."

I went to hang up the phone, but this loud static sound shocked me.

It was so loud that even though the phone wasn't on speaker, it was still very audible.

"What is that?" Ethan questioned.

I quickly hung up, shrugging my shoulders.

"I'm...not sure."

^^^ Ethan's pov

I turned off the stove and the oven, looking at the master piece I made. It was spaghetti and garlic rolls.

"Not half bad, Nestor," I complimented myself, wiping my hands on Mark's "kiss the cook" apron  that I borrowed.

"What'd you end up making?" Mark came up behind me, resting his head on my shoulder.

I knew because of the rose being almost completely black, it was making Mark kind of sick.

He was sleeping a lot, which made me feel bad because I know Dark must be really messing with him.