17| ALCINA

TW; mentions of blood and murder

Ethan's pov

When I woke up, I was surprised to see that Mark's bed was neatly made...though he was nowhere to be seen.

I sat up, rubbing the sleep from my eyes and grabbing my phone from the nightstand.

It was almost ten o'clock, so I should be getting up anyways.

I spent a few minutes on my phone, catching up with friends and stuff like that.

Then I quickly got dressed and headed outside. I decided to see what Sean and Tyler were up to.

I knocked on their room door, hearing some obnoxious clatter before the door opened.

Tyler opened the door, seemingly surprised by my appearance.

"Hey, Ethan, what's up?" Tyler greeted, stepping aside so I could come in.

"Where's Sean at?"

"Oh, yeah, him and Mark went out jogging. I was actually on my way to get you because they have a super fancy cafeteria and I thought we should try it." Tyler said, sitting on his bed and putting on his shoes.

I smiled, "you know me too well."

Mark's pov

"Remember when we used to do this? Back when you were my roommate." I said, looking over at Sean as we jogged along the beach.

It was a nice morning out, the cool beach air relaxing my senses.

"Yeah, speaking of roommates,"

I internally groaned. Not this again.

"You and Ethan seem to be getting pretty close," Sean started.

"I guess so."

"You've let this go on for far too long. You need to tell him about your past–"

"–before it's too late. Yeah, Sean, I heard you the first one hundred times you've told me this."

Sean slowed his jogging a bit, glancing at me. "This is not a game, Mark."

"You don't think I know that? Why do you think I brought us here? To get away from that house. To get away from Dark!" We had completely stopped running now.

"Dark is you, Mark. I'm the only one who can handle that. You know Ethan would leave you in a-"

I held my hand out, feeling slightly dizzy. A slight ringing tuned in my ears. Sean continued to lecture but I couldn't focus on him.

It felt like I was being pushed out of my own mind.

"Do you want Ethan to end up like Alcina-"

It was worse now. The world was swaying around me. I felt sick.

"Don't- don't say her name-" I mustered out, grabbing at my head as it pounded against my skull.

"The only way I can get it through your thick skull is to say her name."

I didn't say anything, more focused on trying to find my footing.

"If you don't tell Ethan, I- Mark?"

I fell to the ground, going in and out of consciousness. I could hear a faint ringing sound before I completely passed out.

^^^

"Mark? Mark are you okay?"

I slowly opened my eyes, wincing as the sun glared down at me.

Sean was crouching above me, concern plastered on his face.