19| PINEAPPLE PIZZA

Ethan's pov

I bit my lip, looking down at the two outfit selections laid out on my bed.

One was a suit and tie, the other was a casual shirt and jeans.

Mark didn't tell me much about what I needed to wear. The only thing he said was "we're going somewhere fancy, I think you're going to love it,"

I didn't want to embarrass myself and overdress, but I could also underdress and embarrass myself.

All those other times we went on small dates barely count as anything since it was just my lunch break and we never called those dates.

I sighed and went with the suit, putting on the black button-up.

Once I was done getting dressed, I opened the door to my room, stepping out of it.

Mark's room door was open, but when I peeped in there he was nowhere to be seen.

For the first time, I noticed Mark's room was unorganized, papers and notebooks littered on the floor.

I wasn't going to judge him for that, I definitely had no right to judge, but it was a little out of the ordinary for his room to look like that.

I glanced at the room at the end of the hall. God, so much had happened since I saw that room. I wonder if Dark had any connection to it.

I shook the thought away, walking towards the bathroom.

To my surprise, Mark was there, staring at his reflection in the mirror.

He looked...I don't know..scared?

"Mark, you okay?"

Mark snapped his head towards me, an obviously forced smile spread across his face.

"Yeah, I'm just.." Mark looked back at his reflection, smile faltering.

"Just a little nervous is all." He brushed off his shirt, a white button-up with a tie.

"You look nice," he said, a genuine smile adorning his features.

"..thanks, you do too," I complimented.

^^^

"So..where are we going?" I asked, glancing at Mark as he drove down the street.

I was so incredibly nervous I could barely stay still.

"Just this restaurant on the edge of town. I've been there once so I think it's an appropriate place for a date."

I nodded, looking out of the window. It didn't take us long to get to the restaurant. It didn't look like much from the outside, but the name was in swirly French letters and there was a man in a suit by the door so it must be fancy.

Mark and I walked up to the guy. He looked down at us, brow raised.

"Last name?" He said, his thick French accent slurring his words.

"Fischbach," Mark stated.

The man looked through his list of names, obviously drawing out the wait time. "Fischbach..here you are." His eyes narrowed at Mark and me as we shuffled through the door. My face heated up slightly at the intense gaze on the back of my head.

"What was his problem?" I asked Mark, following him through the overly fancy restaurant. It was...intimidating, to say the least. The men were dressed fancier than I was, and the women were decorated in jewels and expensive dresses.

Mark shrugged, "I don't know,"

A woman dressed in a suit and tie approached us, smile wide on her red lips.