13| SCARRING

Mark's pov

I opened the front door, seeing the most of the lights were off.

I hope Ethan isn't asleep cause I planned a little game night.

I went upstairs, seeing the bathroom light was on. I went into my room to change into something more comfortable.

I stepped out, seeing the that bathroom door was now open. Ethan was standing in front of the mirror, shirt off and staring at himself.

"You okay?" I questioned.

His head snapped towards me as he hands went to cover his neck and chest.

I rose my brow slightly.

"Oh! Um- yeah I'm- fine!" Ethan stammered, face turning red.

"Relax man, it's just you're chest. It's not like you're naked or-"

"N-naked?" Ethan squeaked out.

I gave him a look of confusion and concern. "You sure you okay?"

Ethan stared blankly at me. I noticed his eyes going from my eyes, to my neck, to my chest—proceeding to get lower.

"Um- I invited Sean and Tyler over to have a little game night so if you wanna join that then they should be here in like," I checked the time on my phone, "ten minutes."

"Ten- ten minutes?"

I looked Ethan up an down, raising a brow towards him.

"..yeah? You don't have to go if you're not feeling well-"

"I just need to- I um-" he stammered.

Ethan nodded his head in a fast motion before going and closing the door.

I stood there dumbfounded for a minute, processing what just happened. I decided not to think about it anymore, going downstairs to make sure everything was good for the party.

Ethan's pov

I closed the door on Mark, figuring I was too flustered to talk to him right now. Regret swelled in my guy as I turned towards myself in the mirror, looking at all of the scars that adorned my pale skin.

Black-grey lines where Mar-Dark had cut lines on my shoulders and chest.

I shivered at the memory of him cutting my chest while telling me all of my deepest desires.

Black-grey bruises were littered on my neck and my lower abdomen, standing out again the lightness of my skin.

My face heated up at the memory of him sucking bruises into my skin.

I ran water in the sink, splashing cold water on my face. I was heating up, fast.

God, I didn't even realize that accepting Dark's offer would effect the way I viewed Mark. Yes, he was still just my roommate, but now I had memories of him kissing my neck, which is not a memory you should have of you're "just roommate".

I sighed, running a hand over my face and slipping on a turtleneck sweater. It would be a little odd, but it would cover the marks.  (From the picture above)

I groaned slightly, realizing that Mark had invited company. I didn't want to be that roommate and not show up.

I walked down the stairs, seeing Sean and Tyler at the dinning room table. Mark was at the kitchen island, setting up pizza and drinks.

My heart fluttered slightly at the sight of his tight white shirt and jeans.

"Hey, what's up, Ethan!" Tyler called, forcing me to look away from Mark. Mark turned around at the sound of my name, mouthing something towards me.

I looked away and walked over to Tyler, smiling and giving him a small hug.

"How are things here?" Tyler asked. I noticed Sean look over at us from the corner of my eye.

"Things are good, how about you? Guessing it's pretty lonely now that the women aren't piling in your door like they were when I lived there." I joked.

Tyler rolled his eyes playfully, "yup, it's super lonely down there."

"Alright," Mark said, turning so that he was facing us. He leaned against the island crossing his arms.

Jesus, I swear my heart skipped a beat—or maybe it's not beating at all.

"We have Uno, Twister, Cards against humanity.." Mark let himself trail off.

We all decided on Uno, grabbing a plate of food and setting up the game.

^^^

"Uno, I win." Mark said, placing down his last card. I groaned dramatically and placed my thick stack of cards on table.

Everyone laughed at my stack of cards.

"How has this happened to you for multiple rounds now?" Tyler questioned through his laughter.

Mark and Sean were laughing so hard they couldn't say anything.

"I'm being targeted."

"Nah, you just suck ass at this game." Sean said, his laughter dying down.

After we all laughed at my failure, we started talking about random things.

"Oh, yeah speaking of that— next week on Sunday we're leaving to this little vacation resort. I already got us rooms and everything." Mark said.

"All of us?" Sean questioned.

Mark nodded, "yeah, so be packing a week's worth of clothes and get ready for an awesome road trip."

We continued to talk about the trip and Mark explained to us what to expect.

I was pretty excited because I hadn't had a break and God knows how long. I could probably use a break with the..twist my dreams have been taking.

Just thinking about it made me absentmindedly run my hand over where a bruise was on my neck.

After a while Sean and Tyler went home, leaving us with a small mess to clean up.

I discarded the last of the pizza boxes when I saw Mark staring at me. I rose a brow slightly.

"What? Is something wrong?" I questioned.

He cracked a smile, shaking his head. "No, it's nothing like that it's just..that's a really nice shirt on you."

My brows rose in shock.

"Th-thanks, your shirt is nice too."

It was quiet for a second before Mark cleared his throat.

"Earlier today..where you okay? You seemed kinda-"

"Yeah! Totally, I just- weird dream," I stammered, looking down so he wouldn't see how red my face was.

"Wanna..talk about it?" Mark asked,

My face heated up as he walked closer to me.

"Uh- let's change the subject." I stuttered.

Mark chuckled and nodded. "How about tomorrow for you're lunch break we go out and try something new. There's a new restaurant down by the store."

I smiled and nodded. "Let's do it!"