20| MISSING

(make sure you read chapter 19 first idk why but it didn't show I posted it)

Ethan's pov

Once I wake up, I quietly go downstairs and into the kitchen.

Since we went on a date yesterday, I planned to make Mark breakfast before he leaves for work.

I wasn't very good at at cooking but it's the least I could do for Mark since he took me on a date.

Maybe over breakfast we could talk about it a little more.

Were we official now? I mean we never said that out loud, but we did kiss.

I could tell things were a little awkward between us after the date, especially because Mark seemed a little off after I told him about the rose.

Hopefully he isn't too upset about the rose thing..

^^^

Once I was done cooking, I went upstairs, figuring Mark should be awake by now.

His room door was closed, so I knocked. Surprisingly though, I didn't get an answer.

"Mark? I made breakfast for us!" I called.

Again, no answer.

I hesitantly opened the door, surprised at what I saw.

His room was empty, and a complete mess

Things were thrown about and unorganized, different from his usual organized self.

Maybe he left early and I didn't hear him?

I grabbed my phone from my pocket and clicked on his contact, calling him.

Ring

Ringg

Ringggg-

"This is Mark Fischbach, please leave a message."

I rose a brow, starting to panic a bit as I called him again.

The same thing happened.

Maybe he was busy?

I decided I would a wait a little bit before calling again.

^^^ Mark's pov

I glanced at Sean, watching as he organized some of the clothes on the racks.

The shop hadn't opened up yet, but Sean convinced me to come over early. I was originally just going to go for a drive to clear my head, then come back home so Ethan wouldn't notice I was gone.

"Why did you call me over so early?" I asked, helping Sean with the clothes.

"I just wanted to know how you've been. I know things were kinda...weird at the resort." Sean shrugged, taking the clothes to the back room.

I followed him.

"Oh, I think it's fine. I think being at the beach all the time was triggering me a bit."

Sean nodded, "what about you and Ethan?"

"What do you mean?"

"Are you guys together? I heard you took him to that one restaurant near Main Street."

"How did you know that?" I said, setting the clothes down.

Sean looked up at me, shrugging. "Things get around I guess."

"Well regardless, our relationship is none of you business."

"It becomes my business when you have no control over Dark. Why don't you understand that?" Sean said, crossing his arms.