25 | FINALE

Ethan's pov

"Cat got your tongue?"

Dark sat up, easily breaking the belts that held his wrist to the bed.

I gasped, backing up a bit. I looked over at Celine, unsure what to do.

He ran a hand through his hair, flipping it to the opposite side that Mark keeps his hair.

Dark was right here infront of me. In real life. An actual demon was infront of me right now.

Holy shit.

Celine held up a cross and began chanting.

Dark looked at her half lidded, waving a hand in her direction.

Celine suddenly grabbed at his stomach, collapsing to the ground in pain.

"Celine!" I gasped, rushing over to her side.

She groaned in pain, holding her stomach.

"What did he do to you?" I questioned, starting to panic.

Celine didn't answer, just looked up at me with a look of sadness.

"Here, you're going to need it." Celine said, putting the small cross in my hand.

"But I don't know what to do- how do I-"

Her eyes widened slightly as she looked at something behind me.

I turned around, seeing Dark, smug look on his face.

I stood up, clutching the cross hard.

"Oh, you look so much better in person," Dark teased, bringing his hand up to my jaw.

I hit his hand away, backing away from him.

"Where's Mark? What did you to do him?!" I interrogated.

The corners of Dark's mouth curled upwards into a wicked grin. I shivered slightly.

"Calm down, Ethan. He's fine."

"But where is he?" I pressed on, trying to push away the fear that was slowly building up.

"He's some place," Dark ran a tongue over his sharp teeth, "..evil."

I felt my blood run cold. Where could he be? What's happening to him?

"Give me Mark back, now " I demanded.

Dark chuckled, a deep loud chuckle. It echoed in the walls of the basement.

I faltered, feeling a little bit of fear start to break down my confidence.

"Your naivete excites me. Don't you understand? Mark is gone! It's just me now." Dark said, stepping towards me.

I backed up, shaking my head. I could feel my confidence slipping through my fingers.

"No..I don't believe you! He's still in there somewhere..and I'm going to get him out." I said.

Dark grinned, "I'd like to see you try." He said, cracking his neck.

I took a deep breath and walked up to him. I wasn't sure how I was going to help Mark, or even if that was possible now, but I was determined to try.

Maybe using the cross?

Before I could barely raise the cross up, Dark grabbed ahold of my wrist.

He squeezed my wrist with an iron grip and slowly began to twist, smile wide on his face.

I yelped in pain, the pressure forcing my to drop the cross.

Dark kicked it across the room before pulling my wrist so that I was closer to him.