9| NIGHTMARE

(play song when you see ~~ it'll set the vibe)

Ethan's pov

"Shouldn't you be at work by now?" I asked as Mark sat down next to me me in the living room.

"Well, I had someone fill my place today. I thought..we could spend the day together?" Mark asked, a small smile on his lips.

"I like that idea. What'd you have in mind?" I asked him, turning towards him.

"I was thinking we could go camping."

I opened my mouth the say something, but Mark held a hand up.

"Before you say no– we could go camping in the backyard." Mark said, smirking.

"Okay, that's way better."

Mark chuckled at that, running a hand through his hair. "I'm glad you said yes because I already ordered the tent."

"You knew I was going to say yes, huh?" I questioned, a small smirk on my lips.

Mark blushed, laughing slightly.

"More like hoped, but I'm glad you did."

We sat there for a second just smiling like idiots.

"I'll set up the tent and you can get some stuff from upstairs, deal?" Mark said after a minute, standing up.

I agreed, going upstairs and into my room.

^^^ (~~)

"I set it up downstairs, but I want it to be a surprise so close your eyes." Mark said.

I obliged, closing my eyes.

Mark, unexpectedly walked behind me, cupping his hands over my eyes.

I felt my face heat up at the closeness. I've never been this close to him before. I could feel myself drowning in the tension. (And the scent of his cologne.)

Mark guided me outside. I enjoyed the cool air on my face as we stepped out.

"You ready?" He whispered, right by my ear. A shiver ran down my spine as my face got even more hot.

"Ye-yeah.."

He removed his hands from my eyes to my shoulders, watching my reaction.

He did all of this in two hours?!

It was so cool looking. The tent was huge and very comfy looking. There were some nice lights on the inside.

There was a little camp fire set up and everything.

"This looks.. amazing! You're literally magic." I exclaimed, looking around the place.

"It was nothing really..I kinda had all this stuff just laying around so," Mark said awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck.

"I don't know what you're talking about. This looks so nice!"

Mark chuckled, his hands sliding halfway down my arms.

"I'm gonna go get the s'mores stuff. You wanna get the fire started?"

He went inside while I went up to the campfire set up and attempted to start a fire.

After a minute of trying I finally got a fire started.

The sun was setting, but it wasn't super cold since it was summer.

Mark came back out with stuff for s'mores.

We had short stools across from each other, assembling our s'mores.