14| ROAD TRIP

Ethan's pov

"Alright, got everything?" Mark asked as I was walking down the stairs with my suitcase.

I hummed, nodding my head, too tired to form words. It was four o'clock in the morning and we're were going to start our drive to the resort.

It was in California, just on the nicer side so we're would be driving for a bit.

I walked out of the house and out my stuff in the trunk. Mark had rented a van for the trip so that we had enough space.

Mark locked the front door before getting in the front seat. I got in the passenger seat and put my seatbelt on.

I was barely functioning because of how late it was, but Mark seemed very awake.

He also let me wear one of his hoodies, which I was enjoying very much. It smelled just like him, which made my heart flutter a bit.

Mark said we were going to get gas before we picked up Tyler and Sean, so I rested my head against the window and fell asleep.

Mark's pov

Sean got in the backseat of the van, sitting behind Ethan. He got himself situated before greeting me.

He seemed pretty tired as well, getting on his phone and doing whatever.

I glanced at Ethan's sleeping form, my heart fluttering a bit. He looked so peaceful right now. Not to mention the fact that he was wearing one of my hoodies which made him look even more adorable-

"Mark? You good?" Sean questioned.

I snapped out if my trance, blushing slightly and putting the car in reverse.

"I'm guessing you and Ethan have been getting closer?" Sean said.

I glanced at him in the rearview mirror.

"It's just a hoodie, Sean." I dismissed.

Sean scoffed quietly, "it's not just a hoodie and we both know that."

I gripped the steering wheel a little harder, glancing up at Sean in the mirror.

"Let's not do this right now, okay? This is supposed to be fun."

Sean didn't say anything, just looked down at his phone.

I stopped infront of Tyler's house, texting him and telling him I was here.

After a few minutes Tyler walked out and put his things in the trunk.

"Alrighty let's get this show on the road."

^^^

A few hours later were were singing along to classic pop songs and talking about random things.

Now that Ethan was awake, the car drive seemed more alive.

"Alright let's say some unpopular opinions." Sean said to start up another fun conversation.

"Cats or dogs?" Tyler asked.

"Oh, dogs all the way man." I said. Everyone nodded and said dogs.

"Pineapple on pizza?"

Sean shook his head and so did Tyler.

Ethan on the other hand-

"Fuck yeah! Pineapple on pizza is the best thing humans have ever made."

I squinted my eyes towards Ethan, frowning.

"What the fuck is wrong with your taste buds? Pineapple on pizza is terrible!"