22 | CELINE

Ethan's pov

I looked up at Mark, watching as he slept (quite peacefully might I add).

I had my head rested on his chest while his arms were wrapped around me.

I don't know why I couldn't sleep since this felt so natural.

I just couldn't wrap my brain around why Dark does what he does in the first place. Why hurt Alcina? Why torture me?

Why did he focus on solely hurting Alcina, but with me he flirted with me?

It just makes no sense.

I wonder how Alcina felt when what looked like the love of her life was trying to kill her.

You really want to know how it felt?

A voice said.

I looked up at Mark, but he was still asleep.

Close your eyes, Ethan.

I hesitantly closed my eyes, knowing what could happen. I knew that voice was Dark's, I just hope that this dream wasn't too bad.

When I opened my eyes, I was no longer in bed with Mark, but in what looked to be Mark and Alcina's old house.

Alcina was in the kitchen, washing dishes and humming a tune.

I felt a could hand on my shoulder, causing me to gasp and turn around.

It was Dark, wearing a black suit instead of white.

"You really want to know how it felt, hm, Ethan?" Dark questioned, wicked grin on his lips.

"I.." I looked back at Alcina.

"I do."

I know Dark can read my mind, so I tried to keep my kind off of why I was really doing.

Dark rose a brow, "what're you trying to do, Nestor?"

Keep your mind clear. Keep your mind clear.

"I just want to know how Alcina felt. I want the full experience, so don't hold out on me." I said, trying to seem confident.

"If you do this for me, Dark, I will agree to your deal." I said.

Dark smiled at that, sharp teeth evident.

"Deal," Dark stuck his hand out for me to shake.

"You really think I trust you? I'll shake on it afterwards." I said, trying to keep up my persona.

"What happened to the old gullible Ethan? Why aren't you scared of me anymore?" Dark asked more to himself than to me.

I smirked at him, "at the end of the day, I'm only human, Darkimoo. I want power and that's what you offered me."

Dark's eyes went half lidded as he looked at me with amusement.

"Well in that case...all you have to do is touch her and you'll feel everything." Dark instructed.

"Will I be able to hear her thoughts?" I asked.

"You said you wanted the full deal, right?"

I nodded, looking away from Dark and approaching Alcina.

"You're going to be there to watch?"

Dark nodded.

I reached out my hand and touched Alcina's shoulder.

Suddenly, I was in her mind.

It was like I could see through her eyes and I could her her thoughts.