21 | THE TRUTH

(OMG IM SO SORRY THIS IS SO LATE)

Ethan's pov

I grabbed my phone from my pocket, turning on the flash and opening the door to the basement.

The door creaked, putting me even more on edge.

It was dark out, which made the basement pitch black.

I hesitantly made my way down the stairs, jumping at anything that seemed out of the ordinary.

The farther I walked down, the colder it seemed to get. Was it always this cold?

Once I got to the bottom, I turned on the light, feeling a little bit relieved that I could see again.

There were a few boxes that were closed and pushed against the farthest wall.

None of them were labeled, so I just grabbed one that was in the corner and pulled it out a bit.

It wasn't taped shut, so I opened it, peeking inside. My hands shook slightly because of the cold.

There were so many journals stacked up on each other. This was going to be a long night.

I grabbed a journal opening it up and looking at the first page.

Mark E. Fischbach 2017

2017?? Jesus Christ he's been writing these for a long time.

I started reading it, skipping over some pages because they didn't talk about anything important.

^^^

After looking through the majority of the journals, I had more questions than answers.

The father back I went, it seemed like he was completely fine, but the closer I went to now, they got...weird?

There were also countless pages looked like they had been torn out or blacked out with marker. Some of the dates didn't make any sense and there was a decline in his best handwriting.

He would write about how his sleeping schedule slowly started getting messed up or how he would get these "urges" as he describes.

He said that he would get the urge to pick up sharp objects and hurt things nearest to him. He talked about how he would have the vivid terrifying nightmares that would make him scared to sleep at night.

In the journal he mentions quite a few times that he filmed videos with his fiance, Alcina. I was assuming it was the girl from the photos upstairs.

I wonder where those videos are..

I got up from the ground, dusting the dust from my pants and heading back upstairs.

If I remember correctly, I left the key to that room in my dresser. Maybe he left the SD card with those pictures of her?

I went upstairs, hoping that the door to that room was just be unlocked so I would have to try and pick it.

I caught a glimpse outside the window, noticing how dark it was outside. Jeez, I must've been down there reading for a while.

Fortunately, someone had left the key in the door. I twisted the key and opened the door.

It didn't look much different from when I first came in here. There were still sealed boxes on the ground, along with the rack of suits.

I went over to the dresser, opening it and finding the stack of pictures.

I opened the drawer father, sighing in relief. All the way in the back was an SD card.