6| ARGUING

Ethan's pov

I groaned as I felt my sleep slipping from me.

I didn't want to get up, especially since I had work today.

I gave up, not feeling tired anymore. I opened my eyes, rubbing the sleep from them. I looked around the living room, which looked a hot mess.

I groaned again. I would have to clean all this up since Mark probably left for work.

Wait.. Mark?

We did a movie night last night! I must've fallen asleep since I don't remember most of it.

What I do remember is..

Did I really let myself fall asleep on Mark's shoulder?

God, he must've been so uncomfortable.

He probably left right after I went to sleep!

I grabbed the blankets that belonged to me and hiked upstairs, throwing them on my bed.

"You're so caught up in this that you don't see the problem!"

I suddenly heard someone say from Mark's room.

It sounded like Sean-which it probably was.

The door was closed, but I could still hear a lot.

"I know what I'm doing this time!" Mark said back.

"No, you don't! You don't know! You don't get to put him in a situation like this without him even knowing!"

Who is this "him" they're referring to?

I started to feel like a creep standing there, so I went back down stairs and started cleaning up.

Mark's pov

I opened the front door, smiling at Sean and letting him in.

"What the heck happened in here?" Sean asked, noticing the state of the living room.

"Ethan and I had a movie night." I said, smiling at the memory.

"You need to stop this right now, before it's too late." Sean warned, pointing to the couch Ethan was on.

"What are you talking about?"

Sean grabbed my wrist and pulled me upstairs, shoving me into my room and closing the door.

"This right here? You have to stop it. You have to stop flirting with him and leading him on and making him think that you want to be with him." Sean said, in a mocking tone.

"But I do want to be with him! I deserve happiness just as much as you do, Sean." I jeered.

"At the expenses of others? Mark, I know you can see the problem here! What you're doing is selfish!" He snapped, groaning.

He ran a hand through his hair, obviously frustrated.

"Selfish? In no way am I being selfish. It's not like I'm forcing him into something-"

"But you are forcing him into something! He wants to be with the Mark you've shown him. The business owner with the nice house and the charming looks. He didn't sign up for you."

My brows furrowed at that comment. The anger in me was slowly starting to bubble up. I clenched my fists, trying to calm down.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?"

"You think he signed up for the real you? You think he signed up for him?" Sean pointed at my head.

"He's been quieter lately. I think I'm finally in control." I said under my breath.