16| NEAR

Ethan's pov

"Why not just go to the beach and get in the water?" I questioned Mark as we walked towards the outdoor pools.

"Mark is deathly afraid of the ocean." Sean teased, shoving Mark playfully.

"I am not deathly afraid..I just like being able to see the bottom of large bodies of water. Plus, it's not as clean as pools are."

"That's a valid point, I'll accept that." I said, laughing slightly.

It was still fairly early, so there weren't that many people out side.

We found a table to set our stuff down. Mark took his shirt off and handed me the spray on sunscreen.

"Mind getting my back?"

I nodded, waiting for him to turn around before spraying the sunscreen on him. Jesus..he had a nice back.

I helped him rub it in, trying to keep my thoughts pg as I did so.

Once everyone got sunscreen on, Sean instantly took off his shirt and ran up to the pool.

"IRISH CANNONBALL!" He yelled before jumping into the pool.

We all laughed, watching Sean come up to the surface.

"You can that a cannonball?" Mark scoffed, flexing his arms as a joke.

Jesus Christ..

I was snapped out of my trance by Mark running and jumping into the pool.

Tyler and I shared a laugh as Mark came back up to the surface, choking up water.

"You guys got it all wrong. You have to be graceful." I said, before graceful diving into the water. I barely made a splash.

"Way to brag, Ethan." Mark joked, splashing me with water once I came back up.

"I'm not bragging, I'm simply demonstrating." I said, splashing him back.

Tyler got in water with us and joined our splash fight.

"What games are there to play in a pool?" I questioned, slicking my hair back out of my face.

"Well.. there's chicken fight but you usually play it with kids." Tyler shrugged.

"We can make it work. Ethan get on my shoulders." Mark said, gesturing me over to to him.

I laughed and shook my head. There was no way I'd get on Mark's shoulders. That just seemed like a set up.

"Ethan get your ass over here and get on my shoulders."

^^^

"You don't know what you're getting into, Ethan." Sean said, smirking.

He was on Tyler's shoulders and I was on Mark's.

"I'll let you know, I'm stronger than I look."

Tyler whistled, showing that the game had begun.

I started pushing against Sean's hands, determined to knock him off.

Sean was putting up a pretty good fight, but I was determined.

Sean did one final push and I yelped as I fell backwards into the water.

When I can back up, Mark and Tyler were laughing and Sean was in the water, pushing his hair back.

"What happened?" I asked, laughing just because they were laughing so hard.

"Sean tried to do a victory dance and fell off." Tyler explained through his laughter.