24 | THE BLACK ROSE

Happy holidays!! Have fun with the second to last chapter of this book😉

Ethan's pov

Mark was upstairs taking a shower while I finished washing the dishes. I just kept replaying what had happened earlier in the night.

Sure, I've seen Sean mad before and sure, I knew he didn't like me, but happened earlier was something different than that.

I just had this nagging feeling in my gut that Sean wasn't who he said he was. There were just too many red flags.

Why didn't he tell Mark the truth about the rose? Why doesn't he want Mark to get rid of Dark? Why did he hate me so much?

"We finally had Mark where we wanted,"

Sean's words kept repeating in my mind.

Why did he say we?

I finished off the last dish, turning to look at the dining room table.

Something about Sean grabbing that knife..

I noticed how quiet it was upstairs, worry creeping into the back of my mind. I walked up the stairs, going into Mark's room but he wasn't there.

I heard a muffled groan come from the bathroom, making me worry a bit more.
I knocked on the bathroom door.

"Hey you okay in there?" I asked quietly, lightly tapping on the door.

When I got no answer, I cracked open the door, seeing Mark sitting on the floor. A trail of black liquid ran from his mouth down to his chin.

"Holy- Mark are you okay?"

Mark cleared his throat, nodding slightly.

"I'm just a little sick is all," Mark said wiping his mouth on the back of his hand.

"You're throwing up black stuff—what do you mean you're just a little sick?"

I was panicking. It's not everyday you see someone throw up a black oil like liquid. What was wrong with Mark?

"You stay here, I'll go get you some water." I said before leaving the bathroom and rushing downstairs.

While I poured Mark a glass of water, I dialed Celine's number. She'd know what to do.

I went back upstairs, handing Mark the water.

The phone rung one more time before clicking. I tapped the speaker button so that Mark could hear her too.

"Ethan? Is everything alright?" Celine said.

"Um, Mark is throwing up, like a lot. And earlier he got a nose bleed but the blood that came out was black-"

"He's throwing up black fluid?" Celine questioned.

"Yeah,"

"Okay.. it's probably just the rose starting to weaken and it's causing his body to try and make room for Dark." Celine explained.

My brows furrowed slightly, "make room for Dark?"

"Dark is only here mentally, but the more the rose wears off Dark will start to take a more physical form. Unlike ghosts, demons have physical manifestations."

"I don't understand. Are you saying Dark will be like...in Mark?"

"In a sense. Because he'll have a human body around him..you could think of him like a parasite." Celine said nonchalantly.

"Parasite?!"

Celine paused.

"I'm sorry, that might've been a bad way to explain it. Tomorrow I could come over and explain it if you'd like?"