12| TEN MINUTES

Ethan's pov

I sighed and threw on a hoodie last minute to cover up the grey bruises in my wrists.

It had been a day since they showed up, and they were still as prominent as yesterday.

Thankfully, Mark has been busy at the store so he hadn't seen the bruises.

I know he'd ask me questions about where they came from and I wouldn't know how to tell him because I'm not even completely sure how they're here myself.

What would I tell him? "Oh, yeah I got these bruises from a evil nightmare version of you that may or may not be real."

Yeah..no way.

So until they go away, I'll cover up my arms.

I walked downstairs, seeing Mark at the dining table with a cup of coffee and his computer.

He looked tired. His hair was slightly messy and behind his round glasses were killer eye bags.

"Morning," Mark said, not taking his eyes off of the computer screen.

I sat across from him on the table, smiling slightly. "Morning, Markimoo,"

Mark looked up and me, laughing slightly. "Markimoo?"

I nodded, happy I could brighten his mood a bit.

"I made it up just now, you like it?"

Mark smiled, sharking his computer to look at me more.

"I do and now I have to give you a nickname." He said, stroking his beard in thought.

"Okay what about..eef?"

I smiling, laughing slightly, "Eef?"

"Yeah, it's perfect for you."

I nodded. "You know what? I kinda like it. Markimoo and Eef."

Mark and I shared a laugh before it got quiet.

We just sat there for a second, staring at each other. A weird tension settled in the air.

I never realized how pretty Mark's eyes were until now. They were the perfect shade of honey brown when the light hit them. Knowing Mark he'd probably say his eyes looked like mud or something, but I thought they were pretty.

Mark in general was just pretty. Usually you wouldn't say that about someone as masculine as him, but there isn't a better word to describe it.

He was perfect in my eyes. There wasn't a single flaw about him.

God, I haven't felt like this in a while.

I was forced out of my little trance by a loud knocking at the front door.

Mark seemed to be slightly distracted too, because he jumped when he heard the door knock.

We shared an awkward laugh as Mark got up to answer the door.

I could tell Sean was at the door by the sound of the voice.

"I'll be back in a few hours, tops!" Mark said, grabbing his computer and rushing out. Whatever him and Sean were about to do must've been urgent.

I nodded, "bye, Markimoo!"

I covered my mouth as soon as those words left, feeling my face heat up.

"Bye, Eef!"

Sean rose a brow towards Mark as they walked out the house together.

Once the door closed I sighed and face palmed.