15| PET NAMES

Ethan's pov

"Sunscreen?" Mark called out.

"Uh," I dug through the bag, searching for the item.

"Yup, right here." I said, raising up the bottle.

"Okay that's all the stuff. We're ready to go." Mark said tossing the list on his bed.

We were all in me and Mark's shared hotel room, getting ready to go out to the beach.

Today there was going to be a small little festival on the beach which was exciting.

We all made our way down to the lobby, then we loaded up Mark's car and headed towards the beach.

Honestly, we could've walked to the beach, but everyone still felt a little tired from the drive to get here.

Once we got to the beach, we all marveled at the sight of it. The water was such a pretty shade of blue.

There were people everywhere, as well as activities going on. There were drinking stands, food stands, people playing volleyball, people just relaxing on the beach. I had seen beaches before because I lived in Maine, but nothing this cool.

"This is epic! Where do we go first?" I asked, grabbing onto Mark and shaking him a bit. Mark laughed looking around.

"We should probably set us up a spot, then we can go look around."

I groaned and nodded. We found a nice place to set our things, then we got to walking around.

"Look, the volleyball thing is open. Let's go over there and start our own game." I suggested, pointing towards the net.

Everyone agreed so we went over there. There was a guy there who smiled at us and tossed Mark the ball.

"Hey guys, my name is Jason and I'll be keeping score. I'm assuming you all know how to play?" The guy said.

We all nodded and took our place. It was Mark and me on a team and Tyler and Sean on a team.

The game started and instantly Tyler and Sean get a point.

"What the hell was that! We weren't even ready!" Mark jokingly yelled.

"Well if you and Ethan stopped looking into each other's eyes you would've been." Sean teased.

I felt my face heat up slightly, but I ignored it. "Fine, fine. You guys can keep your pity point. You're gonna need it in a minute." I called to the other side.

"All right, Mark. Get your game face on."

^^^

"We let you guys win," Mark said as we walked away from the volleyball net.

"I'm sure you did," Sean said smugly.

It was cooler now because we had played the game for so long. The sun was getting ready to set, which probably meant they were going to start doing shows.

"I think since we let you win, you should buy us drinks from one of these stands," I said, smirking at Sean.

Sean rolled his eyes and laughed, nodding. We approached one of the stands.

There were two girls there, both with small flowers tucked behind their ears. "Hello and welcome to Tropic Land. What would you like to drink?" One of the girls said, smiling.

After we got our drinks, we went over to where we set up our stuff and relaxed for a minute.

"Check it out, they're doing surfing shows over there!" Tyler said, pointing towards the water. It was quite a ways away, so it was just barely visible.