7| SILVER KEY

Ethan's pov

Mark's been..well Mark.

He's still kind of weird and secretive with me, but he seemed to be loosening up a bit.

He definitely was more flirty with me, which I found both flattering and a little strange.

Now I might seem like a bad person for saying this, but I've set up a bit of a mission for myself today.

After that talk I had with Rose I figured maybe I would just answer the questions myself. That way I don't have to confront Mark about it.

So I learned how to lock pick from the internet and I'm going to investigate the locked room upstairs.

Ever since I found out it was locked, I've been itching to see what's inside. Mark acted super weird if I even stared at it, so it must be something weird, right?

Mark's been gone for like a good hour, so it was probably the best time to do this would probably be now since sometimes he comes home early.

I grabbed a paper clip and walked upstairs, going down the hall.

I sat there for like ten minutes trying to unlock the door.

After a while I finally got it, hearing the door click

I opened the door, brows furrowing in confusion.

There weren't any dead bodies or anything like that it was just..suits?

Different kinds of fancy suits and a lot of boxes on the ground, along with a dresser.

I walked up to the rack of suits, looking through them.

There was a pretty nice white one that I separated from the others, wanting to get a better look.

I noticed a weird thing about this suit..

There were black splotches on certain parts of it. On the hand cuff of the suit and on the collar.

"What the..?"

I fixed the rack so that it looked the way it did when I first walked in.

What were those black dots?

I skipped over the boxes because they were sealed. Walking over to the dresser, I opened a drawer.

A few pictures of Mark and Sean were inside, along with pictures of Mark with a girl. The pictures were grouped up with a rubber band.

I grabbed the stack with the girl, removing the band and looking through them.

She was really pretty; short black hair that was kinda curly at the end and naturally red lips.

It was kinda obvious that Mark used to date this girl, or at least talk to her a lot.

It was a little weird that he kept these in here, but maybe they're still friends or something?

I put the rubber band back on the pictures and went to put it back in the drawer.

I pulled the drawer a little farther out and found a small silver key.

Putting the pictures back down, I grabbed the key and looked at it, brow raised.

It was a small silver key with a red jewel at the top.

I put the key in my pocket and closed the drawer.

Everything else in the room seemed kind of normal.

I figured my mission and walked out, closing the door.

"Wait..crap!"

How was I going to lock the door back?