12•°. *࿐

It's been 5 days since the auditions, Chaerin and her family are going back to Australia the day after and Chaerin did not get call or email from any of the companies about her getting selected as a trainee. She accepted the situation thinking she did not get selected. She hoped that she would atleast pass the Starship Entertainment audition, which she attended lastly. But she lost all hope as 5 days passed and now it was time for her to go back. Everyone in her grandparents house were upset that they were leaving, Linyi in particular was dreading the departure of her niece whom she sees more like a sister and bestfriend.

"I'm coming back here soon Lin. You know I want to take up music here. I'll comeback here to take my Entrance exam in Hanlim and SOPA. Don't  be so upset you dumbo" Chaerin giggled as she hugged her Aunt.

"I get so used to you being around whenever you visit us, when you go....everything just feels empty...." Linyi sighed hugging back the younger girl.

"I'll miss you a lot too, nobody will be the to protect me from that darn brother of mine." Chaerin pouted.
Her statement made Linyi laugh.

"Don't be too upset over the auditions Chae. You can always audition again. I'm sure there are other companies who'll love to have you as their trainee."  Linyi patted Chaerin's head.

"Nah....it's ok. I was not prepared enough. I'll try again when I get a chance." She said with a sad smile.

"Chaerin if you are done packing come down for dinner honey!" Chaerin heard her mom yell.
She tucked in the last pieces of her clothings left before closing the suitcase with a sigh and then exited her room with Linyi.

She left her phone on her bed. It started dinging with messages like it normally does because of a groupchat. But this time maybe....it was different?...

After dinner Chaerin laid down on her bed reading a book before going to sleep but she felt distracted. Her instincts were bothering her, she felt like something was going wrong. To distract herself from the thoughts she decides to scroll through her phone that's when she notices the certain email.

Emal from: SourceAudition@gmail.com

Miss Ahn,
We would like to inform you that you passed our slection audition. You will be accepted as our trainee after we get consent from your parents/legal guardian. You need to report to our trainee center with your Parents/Legal Guardian tommorow to our trainee center in our company on 15th of July 2018 within 9:30am-4:00pm. We apologise for our inconvenience, as this message is reaching you and few other later than it should.
This is to inform you that, 15th of July 2018 will be the last date of approaching us for parent's consent before we start training our new trainees.

-Source Music.

"I GOT SELECTED!! OH MY GOD ....MOM DAD! LINYI I GOT SELECTED!!" Chaerin yelled as she ran out of her room and down to their living room where the older family members were still sitting and chatting among themselves as it was the last night before they leave for Australia the next day.

"What is wrong?! Are you okay sweet pea?" Her Grandpa panicked but she brushed his worry  off as she hugged him tight.

"What happened Chae?..." Linyi said as she looked at her amused and confused.

"I GOT SELECTED INTO SOURCE MUSIC!! I GOT SELECTED AS A TRAINEE. WE ONLY NEED PARENT'S CONSENT FOR ME BEING FINALLY SELECTED!" She yelled out overly excited.

"B-but we're leaving tommorow....." Her mom mumbled worried, glancing at her husband.

"....Right.....oh no..." Reality dawned on Chaerin as her face fell again. She looked down, she felt tears stinging her eyes but tried holding it back. She looked up with a forced smile again.

"I guess....next time?" She said. Smiling as she hid her disappointment. She sighed and went back to her room as she looked at email again. She was contemplating on calling Ten but in the end didn't thinking he might be resting. She switched her phone off  and turned to her side as she watched the snow globe on her bed side table that was gifted by Jaemin on her birthday . Soon enough tears started to roll down her cheeks rolling down to her nose as she was laying side ways. She was staring at the snow globe with a straight face. She felt dumb about crying over this, she felt like a stupid girl crying over not getting a toy. But she can't help but feel a bit defeated. She was not sure what future held for her, not sure if she will be able to do this again. She sniffed and wiped her tears off her eyes letting out a shaky breath and closed her eyes trying to sleep.

I guess, Birthday wishes never come true.

(a/n)
I'll update soon after. Sorry 'bout the short chapter.