39•°. *࿐

"It's been a while. I know. I'm sorry we couldn't meet for so long." Chaerin apologized to the boy sitting infront of her.

Heeseung tried to suppress his smile as he watched Chaerin frown.
"It's alright, atleast you tried to keep in touch. I understand it's hard for you to snitch out time." Heeseung patted her back as they sat to have lunch together in the cafeteria.

Two other boy, indulged in their own conversation joined the duo.

"But I'm sure. I saw her walking in here-"

"she is extremely busy with her comeback, I heard. And MAMAs is in a few days. Why would she be here?! She literally has the idol cafeteria-" Sunghoon stopped as he looked to his side where he sat down.

"HAH! I TOLD YOU!" Jay beamed but soon stopped when he realised that he actually did see Chaerin previously.

"Hi." Chaerin smiled, looking at the two older boys.

"Chae.....Oh my god- oomf" Sunghoon engulfed the younger girl in a hug, squeezing her to death.

"okay. Okay. I understand you missed me but don't kill me you dumbass." Chaerin groaned slapping his back.

Sunghoon laughed, "It's been sooo long. I didn't have anyone to annoy or protect."

"when did you protect me?" Chaerin raised her brows.

"well that's what brothers do dude."

"anyways.....how have ya'll been?"

"Well......we've got something up in a few months."

"oh?" Chaerin looked at Jay in surprise.

"what is it?"

"It is a-"

<><><>

"Lift your left leg higher before you move forward. Makes it look cleaner." Chaerin adviced. Yuna followed and for sure got a better result.

Jiwoo did her part before it focussed on Chaerin. Chaerin jumped up slightly putting force into her steps but stumbled back a bit.

"woah- there, Chae you okay?" Jiwoo rushed forward, holding her. Yuna hurried towards them too, bringing a water bottle with her.

"I'm fine. I'm fine. I think it's just exhaustion." Chaerin assured her friends, sitting down on the floor.

"Did you rest before this?" Yuna asked.

"No, I didn't have time to. I had to practice."

"You could've rested just a few hours Chae. This is not good for your health." Yuna shook her head. Jiwoo looked at Chaerin in concern.

"what did you eat today? Did you even eat? It's past dinner time right now." Jiwoo said, checking her watch.

Chaerin avoided their eyes, fiddling with her fingers.
"Chae! How could you not have you meals when you're quite literally overworking yourself! It's your comeback tomorrow! How do you expect yourself to go through all that work after you act like this."

Chaerin flinched at Yuna's voice. "you sound like my mom."

Jiwoo nodded in bewilderment before turning towards Chaerin again, "But honestly Chae, why would you skip meals. And I don't think you're doing it for the first time. You look malnourished." she shook her head.