38•°. *࿐

[small note: this is a few days before her comeback]

<>

Chaerin groaned as her manager came by to inform her about yet another collab.

"You do know I have my comeback in three days?" Junho nodded looking at her apologetically.

"And that I'm already preparing for my own MAMA performance as well as the collab with Ten?" Chaerin's voice broke near the end, stress getting the best of her.

She has been extremely busy since the beginning of the month. From her comeback with 'birthday' to the award shows, and the scandals and issues were the extra additions to her already building stress. With near to no rest she kept working day and night trying to do her best.

The worse part was nobody really thought about her opinions anymore, and left all the burden on her shoulders without thinking about it's consequences. She wasn't really sure about the result of her speaking up against something she was told to do.

"Look Chae, I understand. But this was offered by JYP himself-"

"Jyp?" Chaerin's face scrunched up in annoyance.

"Yeah, he wants you, Yuna and the new soloist under JQ entertainment,.....MJ, to collab. JQ's CEO already agreed and seeing the friendship Bang PD has with JYP, he agreed too." Junho smiled sadly.

Chaerin sighed, closing her eyes, rubbing her sweaty palms on the surface of her sweatpants.

"Alright. When do we practice?...."

"From tommorow."

Chaerin just nodded, finally leaving the office to go to SM Entertainment to practice with Ten.

<><><>

Both Chaerin and Ten specialised in dance. Both of them were amazing dancer and it showed. But, the only thing that came between them dancing is Ten being extremely strict and picky when it came to teaching a choreography.

"This is the third time I'm telling you this today Chaerin, your expressions aren't there. Your moves are sloppy. You're just plainly moving your body with the music, it looks dry. Honestly Chae, you've been dancing for more than 11 years now, do you want me to point out how to bring your natural expressions out and potray the dance??" She heard her cousin say, voice dead serious. But she couldn't focus, her mind was everywhere. She took way more time to learn the choregraphy for this collab than she would normally take, she was worried if she will be able to perform her best, yet he had another collab on her way to practice for. She felt a pit in her stomach, constantly causing discomfort, as if telling her she's not good enough.

With her cousins words she just made it worse as guilt washed over her body, build up emotions threatening to flow.

"You've been distracted. Too much to be exact. I understand it's hard with your comeback coming up but I have that too. And it would've okay if it was once or twice, we've been practing this for nearly 4 days now, you can't make the same mistakes everytime. If you didn't want this, no one was forcing you to take this up. Don't take up responsibilities that you cannot handle." He snapped before plopping down on the floor before drinking some water.

Chaerin's breath quickened as the words hit her. Looking everywhere but her brother she stood there, head hanging low in guilt and sadness.