Wrong

Cold sweaty palms, uneven breath, a strange hurting sensation in the hurt, fiddling fingers, a nauseous anxiety covered me like the light from the lamp. With a mind which was empty like a cluttered room, I hadn't decided what I was going to do.

"You're back," he said as we walked to the front of his cell. "I think I really would love to be here, the solitude reminds me of the merry moments of childhood. I am surprised to have not met with neither a rope or corpse."

"You will be pleased to know that your stay will be here till eternity," said Arthur looking at him in the eyes with an ostentatious look of happiness.

"It is death for which I wait for, a date would surely quench my thirst," he said. He was laying down and just looking at us from bottom with leisure.

"You seem pretty satisfied with your life, don't you?"

"Why not? I have won."

"How?" I asked, his eccentricity baffled me.

"Oh! Miss mate, I guess," he said squinting his eyes. "I have deprived him of his most precious possession. Perhaps you may have any idea about it?"

It would have been throat choking cheesy yet true to have said ‘love’. He was purposely alluding it to me.

"Nothing is more important than his people, his kingdom," I replied.

He chuckled and then proceeded to laugh. A mad vicious laugh echoed through the underground and came back like some roar. Unconsciously I took a step back.

"Ask him if he cares more about his people or his family. Who led his own people into war? You always want to satisfy your ego, a show of who's better. But look, your victory came at the cost of your own blood. How many people will be left without a mate? How many will parents will never see the children? How many will still carry the wound of you sword?"

"You are no saint, you also killed— people." I couldn't bring myself to say it. It was hard.

"I never said I was a saint but let me tell you. Your sister was the one who ran away on her own. For whom you made these conquests. You do know about her power, don't you? Perhaps questioning her never crossed your mind. You both are alike, you don't think about anyone but eachother and yourself."

"You are a freaking murderer and you think she shouldn't run away?"

He smiled mischievously and slightly lowered his head. "Whom did I kill?"

"You—"

I looked by my side, Arthur stood with his claws out, his chest heaved as he breathed like he was suffocating. I couldn't notice his eyes in the low light.

"Arthur," I said pretending to reaching out but for safety I took a step.

Grabbing the chair kept near, he threw at bars behind which Cedric was caged.
"Stop," he yelled. The chair collided and broke. "I am not foolish to not know what  is going on." He slipped his into the cage between the gaps, grabbing Cedric by the neck he raised him up. "The person you killed is my mate?" he asked while choking him.

"Finally you are killing me,"  he said smiling.

At that moment his body dropped to the floor. I strayed further away from both of them. I could have ran if only my footsteps wouldn't have garnered attention. He can't kill anyone, he shouldn't kill anyone else he will be cursed.

Slightly dusting his clothes Cedric got up.
"I am quite surprised at your control and anger. I thought you wouldn't care the least about anyone as long as you have the throne."

"Do you want to die?" I yelled. He still had the audacity to keep provoking him.

"Good choice, a slow mind dim wit would never question you, Arthur." He went back and sat at the floor again after mocking.

"I was just stopping you—"

"Yes, if have to explain you in simple words."

Like a statue he stood there, unreadable. Maybe he would unleash his anger or maybe he would control it. What was going to happen?

"You are using her even when she isn't your mate. Are you just? Are you kind? Are you selfless? Are you an Alpha or just a sack of muscles?"

"Get out!" ordered Arthur. I flinched, it was my cue to move. "Quickly, if you don't want to see blood."

I scurried away. A rattling of metal sounded as I walked back. What was happening? Cedric can't die but that doesn't mean he can't lose a teeth or two.

Cedric was wrong but not completely, I had a certain feeling that I could have been manipulated by him easily.
Arthur and Estelle had also failed. If this was a novel I would have completely overlooked the fact that their actions caused war and death, but everything was real. The air, the people, the traditions everything was real and tangible.

My fate was uncertain. Would Arthur still use me? Would I be trapped? Who would rule the kingdom? Maybe the moon would tell.

____________________________________

Hi, how things have been? I hope you guys are doing well. I was wondering what I should write, maybe how I got the idea of this book would be great as author's note in the epilogue. Someone did once ask me that.

Also Kim Hanbin is backkkkkk! The whole performance is awesome! I was so excited for it.

Don't forget to vote 😉