Help

"Can you help me to convince Beatrice in some way?" he asked half laying on the bed with his legs hanging down. We were in a room which was at a distance from the previous area and I was seated a chair near the bed.

"I don't want to, nor will she agree," I said. I really didn't care an iota of this mate bond, I wouldn't  tie her down to such a place.

Lifting his arm off his closed eyes he looks at me, apparently surprised from my words.

"He really loves her," he said in a rather exasperated tone.

"I can't believe you're saying this," I told indignantly, "what kind of love is this?"

"He told me himself this," he said getting up, facing me with a grave demeanor.

"How can I possibly believe that?"

"You don't know him, he's an Alpha used to hiding his expressions and ordering people; life has hardened him."

I couldn't feel the same sympathy his voice had.

"She's an alpha's daughter too, her life wasn't a flowery path."

"Can you not just give him a chance?" he asked softly as if pleading in his place.

"He never asked for a chance," I said standing up with agitation."He just declared on his own will about her being with him. Didn't he get an idea of how much he disgusts her, why did he do so?"

"Because this is what always happens," he said getting up. "He's an Alpha, he needs a Luna."

My voice automatically got loud, influenced by my emotions, "So he just needs a dummy to play a certain role. Well, guess what? She is a person with feelings, not a dummy."

"No, this isn't what I wanted to say—"

"If you were in his place would you have done the same?"

He stood silent for a while and then confessed, "I wouldn't have done that."

"It would have been better if you had been her mate," I said. Everything would have been better if it was this way.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?"

A sudden voice roared, before I could turn, I felt a large hand coiling around my neck, my body lifted up and pushed against the wall.

It was the Alpha, his eyes blood red indicating his wolf control. I could feel a claw dig in my skin. I helplessly try to move my hands and legs to hit him back.

"Stop," yelled Alex, hitting his arm to let me free.

His arms loosened a bit and for a second his eyes flickered but they again turned crimson. Alex's attempt wasn't enough, I could see his toned muscles rippling, willing to strangle me.

"How dare you say that?" he snarled viciously like a beast.

My vision blurred, my eyes brimmed with tears gave a hazy sight. Did all my efforts to survive got vain, in a mere slip of tongue? Was I about die from the hands of this idiot?

Thud.

A huge thrashing sound came and I was freed, landing on my knees I was barely able to get up. Laying over the floor I breathed rapidly, taking in oxygen for my deprived body.

I closed my eyes in relief; I couldn't believe I had almost died. Suddenly two arms hoisted my up, my eyes opened on their own accord to find Alex carrying me. He laid my delicately on the bed; I wanted to ask something but as I opened my mouth, a sharp pain shot up through my whole neck. I laid back closing my eyes, no energy was left in me, I just heard some footsteps walking away.

"Aaah," I groaned in pain as I felt something rub against my neck. My half asleep self was perturbed, I looked up.

"I am just cleaning the blood, it will be okay," he said and I felt a soft cloth moving faintly against my skin.

I didn't even realise that his claw dug this deep. Looking down I see small pieces of a white ceramic vase scattered on the floor and a body lied limp in between them.

"You attacked him?" I spoke faintly, my voice was weak and indistinct.

"I am—"

His voice was wavering; I felt a droplet on my wound, I look at his eyes focused on my neck but filled with tears.

"I am so sorry," he finally said.

"It's not your fault," I merely whispered.

"No, I was the one who brought you here," he said and with these words all the tears he had been holding back were let free.

"Don't cry," I said, wiping the stream of tears on his face. To avert his thoughts I asked for water.

He stood up and brought a glass of it from the jar kept on the side table. As I gulped it down, a cool feeling soothed my throat and I felt it relax as my voice returned.

"I am fine," I assured him then I looked down on the lifeless body and asked, "Will he be okay?"

"What happened here?" someone shouted.

Beatrice hurried in and Alex stood up to explain.

"What happened here?" she reiterated, "did an attack happen?"

"No one attacked," stated Alex.

"So how is May injured and why is he unconscious?" she said moving towards me.

Alex stood quiet in a deliemma of whether he should conceal the truth or not.

"Why don't you answer?" she asked ferociously.

He didn't utter a word and then went towards the alpha.

"May are you alright?"

Her hand carresed my face, her voice tender. I nodded in affermation and observed Alex hoisting up the Alpha in his arms and placing him on a chair. She turned to see what I was watching. Alex sprinkled some drops of water from the jar on the resting face, the eyelids fluttered and opened to show the crystal blue eyes.

Leaving my side Beatrice marched forward. "I clearly heard you bark," she said viciously, "now explain to me, what the hell did you do?"

________________________________________

Hi to everyone who's still reading. We are reaching the end as we're moving towards the start.

Don't forget to vote.